• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Taiwan here, getting my fins wet again.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

perceval

Jul 1, 2019
Canadian expat living in Taiwan for the last 17 years.... and I love water.

I was into a lot of water sports, kayak, canoe, sail, scuba, etc...even frozen water sports! :)
I was also a lifeguard in my youth.

I moved to the east coast of Taiwan where we get the blue Pacific... and loving it.

Over here, I picked up surfing.
But in summer, unless we get a typhoon (hurricane/cyclone), it's pretty flat.

Last month, I picked up my fins and went for some snorkeling... and caught the bug again.

I used to be ok holding my breath, and on a trip to the Bahamas, I scared myself. Followed a fish for a while, and when it was time to get back up, I noticed how deep I was. I didn't panic, but knew it was going to be hard to make it back. I blacked out the last meter or so, and woke up floating on my back, facing the blue skies. Dive buddy had run off.

I didn't really free dive after that.

I lost my breath holding ability, so this will be a rebuilding for me, now in my 50-ish years on this blue earth.

Looking forward to enjoy the weightlessness of diving once more... and maybe not be so foolish.

Cheers all!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT