• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Teak Sea Wooden Guns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
These guns are the step up from totemsubs... much sought after in France and the med areas (for those who know them of course) prices are higher than that of totemsubs...
This price is from a french website advertising them:
250 to 895,00 €

They also now have a serie X more suited for med fishes like the dentex... costing 250- 320€
This gun only has one rubber and with a spaer of 6.5 (instead of 7.2)... this is a much finer gun much more like the Totemsubs...

Hey Snorkel

I know that Teak Sea has been around longer than Totemsub. They are different beasts altogether. Totems are streamlined down to the minimum, and are a unique speargun in their own right. Ive got one :D so I know.

Teak Sea is as rugged as it can get - the trigger mech that allows for 4-8 16mm bands must be a monster!

Can you supply the link of this French site with the prices you mentioned?

Sure... no problem.
I remind you that it is not selling it, it is just in a section talking about diff materila and they mention Teak Sea...
Teak Sea is more of a refined Riffe style gun (they still have med style guns though) while the totemsub is a refined version on Euro guns...
I have heard of a totemsub with 12 x 16mm bands and the gun length was 2 meters (without shaft) the shaft was 12mm in diameter :duh

www. chasse-sous-marine.com
look under material and teak sea
i am so stupid lol... forgetting the link

Baur, since you visit Greece you will be glad to know that these guns are greek (Mr Minoyannis makes them) and you can find them in at least 2 stores in Athens. Roberto Calich and Ioannou(I don't remember his name) definately sell these guns.
You can send an e-mail to Roberto with your questions and he will answer you ASAP. www.calich.com

Galadion

Thanks for your information. I know that Teak Sea are made by Minoyiannis and are Greek.

I have however not heard any first hand accounts sofar from anyone who has used a Teak Sea and that is the reason for this thread. I am thinking of contacting Minoyiannis directly for a custom BWH speargun and need to be sure before I go ahead.

I know Calich and have been to his shop once in 95', is it still in Victorias Square?

Kala Psaremata

Baur

Thanks Baur, I will try my best though as you may know spearfishing is forbiden in Greece during May.
The shop is still there but since 1995 Calich has improved the variety and quality of the things he sells. If you can read Greek send me a pm and maybe I can help you out with more infos.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT