• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tech Diving Marine Biologist moving to San Diego

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Crypple

Jul 24, 2005
Gday Freedivers and divers alike!

I thought I'd submit a general greeting and hopefully make some new contacts in my future destination, San Diego. My friends know me as crypple and I'm from Adelaide, South Australia. I'm a graduate of marine biology with a specialty in Pelagic fishes and Sharks, in fact I've just spent the last 7 months tagging Whale Sharks in Honduras! I've been spearfishing since I was 4, scuba diving since 19 , a scuba instructor for 4 years, a tech diver for 2 and surfed most of my life. Up until now I've never really needed to go deep, preferring to stay in the first 20m to spear reef fish and the like but I'm now keen as on freediving and my (very green) limit is now 32m (after a laughable 2 weeks of training).

So I'm headed to San Diego to work and live. If there's anyone there who is into the same stuff and feels like showing me around (particulary where there's good hunting or sharks to be found) feel free to drop me a line!

Cheers everyone, happy plunging.

Hi Crypple

Wellcome to this side of the world.

I'm in Baja California Sur so drop me a line if you head south to spearfishing, freediving or sharktagging.

Salud

PS good surfing in the south of the peninsula too :cool:

i'm a marine biologist too!.. (speciality plankton and cetaceans).. welcome to the forum..

you'll love it here

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT