• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wanted Technisub Ala Fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

orlovi

Jun 3, 2010
Hello,

I'm looking for Technisub Ala Fins, size 43 (US Men's 9-9 1/2, UK Men's 8-9). I would appreciate any leads. Thanks!

Underwater hockey player by any chance? ive never managed to find any for a reasonable price. however ive never had the chance to try any so i dont know what all the fuss is about. good luck in your hunt.

Greg.

Hi Greg,

Yes, they're for a diver and underwater hockey player. He describes them, with a far away look in his eyes, as the best fins ever made. I thought, "I gotta try and find these."

A lot of people say that but there are now companies making specific UWH fins from carbon and fiberglass such as leader fins and breiers. a lot of people that i play with now use these as ALAs are so hard to find. i think ALAs might have now been surpased in terms of performance by this new generation of fins. the main thing in UWH is skill though, i play with a guy who still runs rings round me even when he wears a pair of flat pieces of rubberised carbon duct tapped to his feet. so annoying ahah.

Greg.

You're probably not going to find any ALAs lying around anymore, as most UWH players have bought them up and stored them in secret dungeons in their houses. However, you can probably try the Slovenian source making supposedly newer, better fins from the ALA mold. They're calling their fins Legends.

ALAs are a myth; you'll have as much luck asking for a second-hand unicorn.

Breiers are better than ALAs, don't know how far the Legends have gotten with production (he still owes me a pair). It's also worth considering finswim training fins.

Thanks, everyone, for the alternative Ala tips. It does seem like I will need a key to hidden passages in the Sphinx to find the originals!

hi,

technisub is italian but even here is not easy to get the alas

a friend has got some new pieces left but size is 36-38 (women)

if someone is interested I can ship them

if I know of someone having bigger sizes I'll get back to you

all the best emidio

Emidio,

Thank you so much for responding. Right now I don't know anyone interested in the 36-38 fins. I am so appreciative of the offer, though, to let me know if you find someone that has a bigger size (43). Grazie!

for the time being, I only found 36-38

2x pairs I'm probably going to ship to salibandy thorugh a friend of mine

If I know of other sizes, new or used, I'll get back to you

all the best

emidio

hi,

technisub is italian but even here is not easy to get the alas

a friend has got some new pieces left but size is 36-38 (women)

if someone is interested I can ship them

if I know of someone having bigger sizes I'll get back to you

all the best emidio
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

hi there

im wondering if the alas fins size 36-38 are still available. Me and a friend are interested to buy.

Hope to hear from you. Thanks

christine

hi

me and a friend are interested to buy ALAS FINS size 36-38. wondering if you guys know someone who is selling them.

Thanks

christine

Hi all,
I just registered today after stumbling accross this thread. I've been playing UWH for years now and have been handling my Ala's with extreme care as I've not been successful in finding replacements.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know what I found out. A few years back I had a dive operator try to find out why they were so scarce and if they could be still purchased. At that time we found out that Technisub had stopped the line, and they would no longer be in production.
We also found out they were manufactured for Technisub by and external company that could still male them but not under Technisub name, the catch with this was that we had to purchase minimum 200 sets at approximately US$250 ea.

anyway, gl looking for what is still laying around the place

Cheers

Hi,

anyone has an idea about how much would it cost a second hand pair of original Technisub ALAs?

I may have found one pair but I do not want to pay too much for them!

Thank you

ALA'S are yesterdays technology, fins have moved on so much now, faster, lighter, more reactive etc......
Posted via Mobile Device

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT