• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tell Us What Needs To Be Improved!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Hi Everyone,

We're developing the Spec for Phase II of the latest incarnation of the site. Originally it was completely overhauled in Q2 2002 and we're now looking to go even further.

Can you post ideas for bug fixes, improvements and new features you'd like to see across all sites in the network apart from these forums. These forums are already scheduled for an overhaul soon when they release the next version of the software running it.

I look forward to hearing you ideas and comments!

what to improve

Its hard to see how this could get much better, deeperblue does a fantastic job.

One suggestion, could you set up some kind of index to thread content? As examples, speargun types, diving physiology, static training, etc. There is tremendous knowledge in theads, old and new. Often the best stuff doesn't relate very closely to the thread title. I am slowly going through them and making an index of my own interests so I can refer back later. There is much much more than I can remember. An index might also help answer common questions. Don't know how you would do it, lots of work, but it would be very helpful.

Thanks and good luck!

Connor

I think that for the most part, the forum setup is A+.
the problems i have is that you cant preview an attached picture,so that you can get the sizing etc right.
also, if you attach a picture and then preview the reply, you need to re-enter the location of the attached file and if you forget to, you cant attach a file through the edit post option.

cheers
Mark

Cheers folks.

However my question was directed at the main site and other sites in the network. As I said in the first post the forums are already slated for a major upgrade within the next few months.

Saying that, your points are valid. Connor - you've asked for a thread index. We have a search functionality that will help you quickly and easily find a list of threads that contain topics of interest. There will also be some fantastic features in the new version of the forums (for example showing you "other threads of interest" when browsing a thread).

Cheers!

Yeah, something I was just thinking then - how about local correspondants that can let people know whats going down in their neck of the woods? I know it's hard to find out information about freediving type events here in Australia (mainly due to lack of interest, which may stem from lack of information), and having some central point of call would be handy. It'd also be useful if you were considering traveling overseas - you can see what kinda stuff goes on, maybe if theres a comp or whatever while you're there.

Overall though, this is a top site :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT