• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tenerife 4K Video (Canary Islands / Spain) - Canon 1DX Mark II / Nauticam Housing

oliveb

Aug 24, 2021
Hi Everyone,

A diving trip to Tenerife in the Canary Islands (Spain) last October and here is the first episode of season 3 of BLUE PARADISES.

It's the first time I was diving in the Atlantic Ocean, unfortunately less cold than one might expect... 26° sometimes even 27°

But life, a lot of life, granite and volcanic seascapes and quite monochrome but a lot of poetry.

Shot with 1DX Mark II / Nauticam Housing / Sigma Art 20mm

I hope you will enjoy it
Olive

Incredible schools of fish. Was that fish at 1:20 a Dentex? Divers in the Med apparently find them challenging to shoot, but that one sure was tame.

Are there any larger game fish such as tuna or wahoo, or even grouper?

Incredible schools of fish. Was that fish at 1:20 a Dentex? Divers in the Med apparently find them challenging to shoot, but that one sure was tame.

Thanks for taking the time to watch Bill. I'm sorry I can't tell you what species of fish it is at 1'20. Yes there are Tuna (No Wahoo as i know) and Grouper, but Tenerife is in the Atlantic (not Med)

I know where Tenerife is. But the Med is where I’ve always seen video of Dentex so I wanted to know if it was the same fish. I feel sure that it was.

Looks like a porgy. But I’m from Florida.

Reactions: Bill McIntyre
Great video Olive! The water clarity and variety of sea life in Tenerife looks amazing. I've never dived the Atlantic before, it must have been really cool to see different species than the Med.

Reactions: oliveb
Great video Olive! The water clarity and variety of sea life in Tenerife looks amazing. I've never dived the Atlantic before, it must have been really cool to see different species than the Med.
Thank You very much for your kind comment. Yes visibility was good but local divers told me, it can be 5 to 10 meters more. Someday it was a litle bit blury but still with 20/25 meters of visibilty. It was my first time in the Atlantic. I have never dived in the Med :)

I really enjoyed your diving video in Tenerife! I've also had the chance to explore Tenerife and even made a video about my experience, which you can find here: . Like you, I love traveling and capturing the beauty of the places I visit. Video editing is a big part of sharing that beauty with others, and I use Movavi for my editing needs. It's user-friendly and offers a lot of great features like stabilization, filters, and transitions, which really help enhance the videos without leaving a watermark. This keeps the focus on the stunning visuals. If you're into video editing or looking to start, Movavi is worth checking out for its ease of use and professional results. For more details on its features, here's a link: https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/free-video-editing-software-no-watermark.html.

Reactions: oliveb
I really enjoyed your diving video in Tenerife! I've also had the chance to explore Tenerife and even made a video about my experience, which you can find here: . Like you, I love traveling and capturing the beauty of the places I visit. Video editing is a big part of sharing that beauty with others, and I use Movavi for my editing needs. It's user-friendly and offers a lot of great features like stabilization, filters, and transitions, which really help enhance the videos without leaving a watermark. This keeps the focus on the stunning visuals. If you're into video editing or looking to start, Movavi is worth checking out for its ease of use and professional results. For more details on its features, here's a link: https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/free-video-editing-software-no-watermark.html.

Thank You! Nice video, i haven't been to this beach ...looks great!

I was on four islands of the Canary Archipelago last year and had at least 14 spearfishing sessions 2 hours or so each. I did not do BW but being on a yacht we were at liberty to stop anywhere we wanted as long as it was in a zone allowed for spearing. Unlike Azores getting groupers is allowed and I saw a few, one was close to 5 kilo and quite shallow. I got a mahi-mahi (the first one I have ever seen in my 50 years of hunting), a bonito and some other insignificant stuff, 7 fish in total. Overall the place is fish-poor (in terms of hunting, smaller fish is in abundance), western islands are better than the eastern ones closer to Africa. I talked to a lot of boaters who are trolling all the time and they said they catch almost nothing. So in my opinion you can get good groupers there if you know what you are doing and comfortable at 30 meters deep. You also need to know spots since usually sand starts quite shallow. Hunting for pelagics is problematic - I want to go there again and will bring a heavier suit so I can be in the water more and increase my chances. But overall the place was nice!

Reactions: Bill McIntyre
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT