• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Texas hunt

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sixshooter4

May 15, 2008
im sorry in advance if this is not the proper place to ut this thread.

i just got back from Port Aransas Texas and the water is amazing (for Texas shoreline)! i had 30 foot vizz first thing in the morning (5:45 AM) and it just got worse tell about 9 when i got out with about 5 foot vizz HA HA. the early morning dive was fantastic and you should try it! i used electric tape and put a small underwater flashlight at the tip of my gun. it made the cave hunting extremely convenient! i was hunting so that i could throw a fish fry at my house for a new baby born into the family. i came out with a limit on flounder, sheepshead, 20 mangrove snapper and 5 triggerfish. the best day i have ever had on the Texas Coastline :martial!! the fish fry just ended and it was a fantastic meal. there is one piece of fish left and im eating it as i type this . i hope you Texas boys take advantage of this water down here. from what i hear the blue water wont stay this close in for much longer. this is a great opertunity for you to fish the close rigs (2-6 miles) the vizz is around 60 feet at 5 miles. its the best time of the year and the hot calm weather is just right for small boats and divers.

happy hunting!

have a great day!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…