• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thailand spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

charlie-in-thai

Spearfishing Thailand
Sep 21, 2008
If you holidaying in Thailand in the future or living in Southern Thailand and want to go spearing, drop me a line.

For more than 6 years, I've lived very close to the year-round warm, clear waters of the Andaman Sea and I'm always looking for spearing buddies (I'm the only English-speaking one in this area, as far as I'm aware) or just someone who needs a local guide. I have a 6m fibreglass sports cruiser and regularly go out to the many local islands and reefs. I also have use of a bigger boat in the Phuket/Krabi/Trang areas for larger groups, 2 day+ trips and off-shore hunting. All trips are freediving only.

I DO NOT OPERATE A BUSINESS OR LOOK TO MAKE ANY PROFIT FROM VISITING SPEAROS - I MAKE MY LIVING BY OTHER MEANS. ALL TRIPS ARE ORGANISED ON A FRIENDLY BASIS WITH ALL COSTS SHARED EQUALLY AMONGST LIKE-MINDED SOULS, WHO ENJOY SOME DAYS OUT SPEARING. I hunt by apnea only.

Drop me a line at: charleswillberry@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you promptly.

Cheers for now,

Charlie
icon7.gif

May very well take you up on that offer. Coming that way in the next couple of months and want to do some diving. I'll get in touch with you closer to the departure date.
Cool! :D

Hey AJB

That's good, mate. Look forward to meeting up with you.
Send me an EMAIL nearer the time.
If you need to save some weight/excess baggage fees, I have spare dive weights here that you're welcome to borrow.
Cheers4now
Charlie

Hey Charlie

I've been staying on Koh Tao for the last 2 Months doing my scuba instructors. Just finished my SSI level 1 freediving course and moving on to my advanced. Currently looking for Scuba instructor work around Phuket, Phi Phi, Koh Lanta. If all my plans work out it would be great to meet you and to go do some hunting :-D

Hey mate,
That would be good. Drop me an email when/if you make it down to Phuket. I hunt around there often, especially during the Summer season; biggest drop-off in Thailand :)

Which centre did you do your SSI with and how did it go?

Cheers,

Charlie

charleswillberry at hotmail.com

I doing it with Akim from Blue Immersion. His a very talented freediver and an excellent teacher.

I got down to 22m on my first day :-D. Hope to do atleast 30m comfortably when I'm finished with my advanced.

Ahh, just what I wanted to hear. A buddy from Malta and I have booked AIDA courses with Blue Immersion in Feb. Have heard only good things about young Akim.

Congrats. on that achievement and good luck with your next goals.

Dive deep and dive safe

Hi Charlie , nice seeing you here too :)
To all those who are interested in a trip with Charlie, I deeply recomand you to him. I went spearfishing with him already 2 consecutive years on my holidays in Thailand and we had a really good time on beautiful islands and reefs. You can go through my profile and see some of the catches I had with Charlie.

Looking forward for the freediving course togethor and some more spearfishing personal records !!
See you soon buddy
Cheers
Al

Hey all I just returned from Thailand
Had a great trip and managed to get some diving in all thanks to Charlie!! I sent him a few emails and we met up and headed out on his boat was a great day!! However I was not spearing at my best still managed to spear a fish and have an awesome time!! So I'm happy with that, Charlie came away with a nice catch.. Some pictures attached

Had an awesome meal the night before a dive Charlie filled us in on some local knowledge then had a great next day!! If your ever wanting to dive in Thailand I highly recommend a dive with Charlie great bloke! All the costs were split between us well worth it!!

Cheers again mate! If your down here id be happy to return the favor!!

Attachments

• Catch 2.jpg
    Catch 2.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 328
  • Catch.jpg
    Catch.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 323
  • clownfish.png
    clownfish.png
    420.5 KB · Views: 317
  • My fish.png
    My fish.png
    435 KB · Views: 330
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fitzy_1982
Hey Charlie, I sent you an e-mail to your yahoo account but I also wanted to post up here seeing if anyone else had any advice on where to go spearing around Laem Chabang (completely butchered the spelling in your e-mail!). I will be headed that way in a couple of months and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with that area or could point me in the right direction within a few hours drive. Cheers!

@rhoadsmd:

Hello mate,
I dont have a yahoo account. My email is charleswillberry@hotmail.com
Sorry, can't give you much info about 'Laem Chabang,' as it's the opposite end of the country from me; I live and hunt in the South on the Andaman coast and Chonburi province is in the N/E, on the Gulf side. There is a dive company in that province offering spearfishing trips on SCUBA :naughty

Good luck and have a good trip.
Charles

Hi Charlie, am coming out around early jan, probably to Lanta. Are you still fishing and doing trips? Love to meet up if you are.

cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Mu Koh Lanta National Park, m8 :naughty....covers Koh Ha and Koh Rok too.. the marine police are very hot there! You can lose your gun(s) and face a fine.
I live an hour away. Shoot me an email (address above) if you want further info.
Maybe catch you when you're over for a bit of a swim :)
Rgds,
C

Hey guys,

I'm gonna be in thailand 12th-29th November and will be going from Bangkok to Krabi and Phuket and down the Andaman coast. Is there a way to rent spearfishing gear in Thailand, cause I'll be backpacking and there is no way I'm carrying all of my gear with me :)

Also any coastal/island town/cottage that you would recommend for some snorkeling? I'll only have my mask so I'd preffer some shallower waters :)

Hi Guys,
I am living in Koh Kood, near Koh chang on the eastern sea board. Some pretty good spearing available here.
Happy to take out any visiting spearo's free of charge. Have a small speed boat and spear gear.
If anyone is travelling this way and wants to go spearing drop me a mail at davemacmillan1974@yahoo.co.uk

Dave.

Koh Kood is so dififcult to get to :(
Dave, start a thread and post some photos of what you get around there

Hi Charlie your right it is quite difficult to get to, but thats what i like about it. No ATM's, beer bars, starbucks.
It is getting easyer now though. two fast passenger ferries and speed boats. free transport from Trat.
Yea i'll post up soe photo's when i get home. Offshore now
Happy spearing
Dave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT