• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

That's a nice looking barrel concept.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepThought

Freediving Sloth
Sep 8, 2002
I saw that gun in a diving shop, and I happen to have my digital camera with me, so I thought it's design could raise some interest here.

It defenitly has the coolest barrel I've seen, 4 thin carbon rods instead of the usual thick pipe-like barrel, so you can track your target much easier.

It's from Immersion. I didn't get the name of the model or length - about 100cm+?
It is actually broken, a round adapter between the barrel and the triger mech got broken, so the barrel is not the weakest point I guess. The guy in the store said it might've been some unique manufacture flaw, because the other guns they sold of this model didn't come back.

I haven't seen the 4-rod models, but the 3-rod models are called the Triaxx. Same handle & muzzle.

Tracks like a dream, but is meant for thin bands as there isn't much to offset recoil. I saw it for the first time about a year & a half ago(the end of the previous summer), but not sure how long it's been out in production.

I like to see companies taking the plunge & trying new things like this. Scubastore has the Triaxx in stock.

http://www.scubastore.com/producte.asp?id=22&id_modelo=3938&desde=1

On another note - I do think this is cool as heck, but would be scared to use it in my normal diving considering the way I bang my guns around on the bottom. I imagine(especially with the 3-rod model) that it could get dangerous pretty quickly. :crutch

This is the new Triaxx the old one came with 3 rods but now comes with 4 (more strength).... this gun is probably a 90cm because that is the longest it somes in

Does anyone know something about the strength and reliability of its trigger mechanism? I know that you can change the angle of the handle but that's not enough.

I'm using TRIAXX guns for a few years now as friend of mine is the designer of the gun...

I love it because:
- easy to use in almost all weather
- very good accuracy
- very light
- easy to bring because of the barrel shape

I don't like it because:

- if you use this gun in deep condition, you will need Stallone 'wrist!!! in fact, there is not enought air in the shape of the gun and so, the gun is going to point the bottom of the sea, each time you go for an aspetto.

by the way, i'm using an OMER mech but i know that the IMERSION trigger mech is design to hook double band rubbers if use with the T4 muzzle.

Hope this help

my cabon and alluminium barrel guns point downward too. I think this exceptional balance can only reach by wood barell guns.

Cece I haven't thought of the air volume matter that you mentioned but now it seems to me that you are right!
Murat you are possibly right but you can always adjust the balance of a gun with something like Sporasub's little floats though a wooden gun would be much better (but expensive). I think that these floats are sold seperately as a spare part.

Last edited:
This gun is mainly for shallow water speargin with lots of current. The reason why they made this gun is beacause in Bretagne ( in France ) there is a lot of current and that is where most frenchies spear... so they woulda sooner or later made a gun which is more moveable in water with lots of current...
It is not such a downside that it sinks in deep water because there arent a lot of deep hunters using this gun because current is not a big problem for them and a normal barrel is easy enough to move

Originally posted by GALADION
Does anyone know something about the strength and reliability of its trigger mechanism? I know that you can change the angle of the handle but that's not enough.

They are fine, certainly if you use the correct bands and dont overload it. Mine is about 4 or 5 years old now and Ive had not got so much as any visible wear. The adjustable handle is cool too, its nearly essential for me, I shut my wrist in aircraft door about 10 years ago and have some flexibility problems, so now I can have my wrist in a comfortable position for me and still catch fish :D On the down side the paint on the barrel is crap, it chips really easily; dont know iff all guns do this.:waterwork

no worries.

I don't know how dark could be the water in greece but if you go for a fish party when the sea is big or in shallow water, you will love the gun, because he will only give you all his pssibilities under those conditions.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT