• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The 2018 Guernsey Specimen Hunt & social

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
So here is the present situation, we have 20 registered divers for the competition & 5 in reserved 'should a place become available'.
Based on previous years, we normally end up with 15-16 divers on the day so having 5 in reserve should definitely give us a full team of 20 in the water!
In answer to pm enquiries ... please ask any questions on this thread as although I am the main organiser, I welcome any suggestions or help.
However there are reasons for restricting the numbers, mainly safety in the water but also for the catering side as it is already on the limit for me and Sarah planning for 30 folk on the Sunday evening! Also finding good restaurants that can cater for 20+ without paying deposits or paying too much for the food.
However, if we have another five folk who want to join the socials, weigh ins & prize giving or help with filleting fish & setting up the garden... then I will welcome the help.
If for some reason I dont get placed in the comp (fingers crossed a space comes up [emoji6]) more than hapoy to help out elsewhere [emoji1360].

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Lol its gone crazy!
Hi Fernandes, welcome to the forum, you are no 26.

Foxy, as per my email, I am happy to give my space up in the comp to one of the other 'hungrier' divers as I get my jollies from the social side and i'll get plenty of dives in over the 1 week i'll be staying. Happy to help with feeding & watering the general mellee of hooligans and reprobates that will surely be attending.......

Reactions: Trelawney
Foxy, as per my email, I am happy to give my space up in the comp to one of the other 'hungrier' divers as I get my jollies from the social side and i'll get plenty of dives in over the 1 week i'll be staying. Happy to help with feeding & watering the general mellee of hooligans and reprobates that will surely be attending.......

I've just booked the ferry. Arriving on Wed 8th and leaving Tues 14th.

Reactions: Spaniard
I take it that you're not going to be living in Mart's garden for a week?
Dorset Nic has grabbed that honour now - I shall be residing in my self-catering mansion with heated pool, a mere stone's throw away from the Port of St Peter. Are you Carry-On-Camping?

Dorset Nic has grabbed that honour now - I shall be residing in my self-catering mansion with heated pool, a mere stone's throw away from the Port of St Peter. Are you Carry-On-Camping?
Yeah, same place as last time, 30min walk from Marts. We'll have to come and see you in your super mansion.

Yeah, same place as last time, 30min walk from Marts. We'll have to come and see you in your super mansion.
We can go diving before / after comp as I might help Mart and give my place to somebody else ;-) There is a great prize this year too..........

That is fantastic guys, great that you are organised and sorted.
Chris, you & Jen might have time to see some attractions this time....

If a space pops up ill take it
Looks like you are now part of the team mate, please confirm you are able to participate

Reactions: Kristian Allen
As regards the social events, we will do the normal Sunday prize giving in our garden & we thought we might try to get in the Octopus again for the sat night?
From our perspective the Octopus was a great venue as they were very easy to deal with & we feel offered good value but we are open to any other suggestions?
The Terrace bar would be a great place to meet on the Friday (or for the sat meal) but they seem to be under some form of renovation at the moment so we don’t know what the new format will be like.

As regards the social events, we will do the normal Sunday prize giving in our garden & we thought we might try to get in the Octopus again for the sat night?
From our perspective the Octopus was a great venue as they were very easy to deal with & we feel offered good value but we are open to any other suggestions?
The Terrace bar would be a great place to meet on the Friday (or for the sat meal) but they seem to be under some form of renovation at the moment so we don’t know what the new format will be like.
Is the Petit Bistro still doing the early bird menu? Hopefully the Terrace will be finished by then. I hope they keep it the same as it was quite unique.
I’m diving the M483 with Andy on Thursday morning and maybe a scallop bash on Friday. It would be nice to have a good look around for a change.

Yes mate Petit Bistro will still be doing the early bird..
Octopus is owed by the same people.
I hope you can find time to see the underground hospital, the maritime museum & Castle Cornet .... Sark even!

Looks like you are now part of the team mate, please confirm you are able to participate

Thank you Spaniard, I can make it!

Yes, Spaniards generosity has no bounds as he has also donated a rather large speargun as a prize!
It is a 1.4mt blue water gun, beautifully made & finished....
I would like to know what you guys think about winning such a gun?
I could possibly shorten the gun to make it more suitable for our waters but is very nice as it is....

Reactions: Kristian Allen
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT