• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The 50 clearest waters in the world

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Those are some beautiful spots.

The clearest water I've ever seen was at Wake Island. I was island-hopping an F-4 from California to Vietnam in 1967 and managed to get in a dive at each place. At Wake I could see so far that I hesitated to even estimate the distance. The next morning at the tower I was filing a flight plan to Guam , and a local dive club had a display. It said that visibility outside the reef often approached 300 feet. I could believe it.

Reactions: Mr. X
I'm grateful if I get visibility more than 5 feet (i.e. just a bit beyond the tip of my 70cm speargun)!

Thanks. That was terrific!

His mention of Napoleon Wrasse reminded me that I saw a lot of them at Wake Island. The photo doesn't do it justice since its from a 35 mm slide taken in 1967.
wrasse.jpg

Reactions: aquacat8 and DuncM
And Torbay is supposed to get the best weather in the UK - so that just about tells you everything you need to know about British weather :D

Oooh it can get really grey up in Canada too though.

And Torbay is supposed to get the best weather in the UK - so that just about tells you everything you need to know about British weather :D

Oooh it can get really grey up in Canada too though.
Hello
Yep i get a fair share of rain here in B.C. but mostly only when its supposed to rain and great summers and some awesome viz,
unlike when i was in Torbay, a nice couple of weeks in May or June then rain for the rest of the summer. Last summer
whilst in the water i saw seals, whales, porpoises and otters and not a piece of sewage in sight. Glad i moved.
Muttley.

Glad it worked out. I lived in Seattle for several years - a couple of hours south of Vancouver - and love the area & found the weather there more tolerable than the UK. Yes it often rained, usually in the mornings but you'd see blue sky in the afternoon, which seemed quite reasonable and suited me well enough; not months of dank greyness like you sometimes get in the UK (like now for example!). Much as I loved Canada too -- beautiful, lots of interesting coast, trees, rivers & mountains --I came to the conclusion that it I were to move from Seattle it would be prudent to move a bit south rather than a bit north :D British-style taxes & NHS?

Did you have to mention sewage! I'll be going down that way soon. (Anywhere in particular I should avoid?)

Glad it worked out. I lived in Seattle for several years - a couple of hours south of Vancouver - and love the area & found the weather there more tolerable than the UK. Yes it often rained, usually in the mornings but you'd see blue sky in the afternoon, which seemed quite reasonable and suited me well enough; not months of dank greyness like you sometimes get in the UK (like now for example!). Much as I loved Canada too -- beautiful, lots of interesting coast, trees, rivers & mountains --I came to the conclusion that it I were to move from Seattle it would be prudent to move a bit south rather than a bit north :D British-style taxes & NHS?

Did you have to mention sewage! I'll be going down that way soon. (Anywhere in particular I should avoid?)
I am moving next week, once i unpack and find my u.k. maps i will see if i can find some of my old haunts, always
produced some good, Plaice and Bass. Muttley.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT