• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Commentary The Amount Of Plastic In The Ocean Could Be A Lot More Than We Think

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
This is one of my trigger topics. What in the hell are we doing?!

You take one person drinking water out of plastic bottles every day. At the end of a year you have got a serious heap.

There are many countries where you can buy products in reusable glass bottles! WTF am I missing? Let's make all consumable liquids sellable only in reusable bottles. Tax the hell out of corporations for using plastic containers... make them pay about ten times more than what it would cost to clean the plastic bottle up if it ends up in the worst place it possibly can.

This is yet another example of backward moving, devolving societies. We had milk delivered to our doors in the 50's in reusable bottles that the milkman then came to pick back up for you. I wanna know what the hell on earth is wrong with that system.

If I had to guess, the answer is the corporations make more money when they use plastic. Since they hold all the power and influence, they use the cheap, profitable plastic. So make them clean it up is what I say.

This just seems like SUCH a no brainer. Reusable is cheeper, WAY cheaper. Reusable is greener. What else is there to discuss?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT