• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Blue Wild Expo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Bill McIntyre

San Clemente, CA
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Jan 27, 2005
I just spent last weekend in Fort Lauderdale at my second annual Blue Wild Expo, and I don't think I've seen mention of it on this board. Its hard to do it justice in one post, but there were two days of presentations and lectures by everyone from Kirk Krack of Performance Freediving to Terry Maas on the new freediver safety vest to the guy who drifted 77 days across the Atlantic and survived to write the book Adrift. Also, there were vendors from all over the world showing their products- Riffe, Pelaj, Sporasub, Omer, Mako, C4, and others too numerous to mention here.

The situation could not be better. The Expo is in the International Game Fish Association HQ building, with a Marriott Courtyard hotel next to it on one side and a seafood restaurant on the other. You can take a free 10 minute shuttle from the airport, and then never set foot in a vehicle again. You get to meet divers from all over the world, and if you wish, can close the restaurant bar exchanging storied every night, and not have to worry about driving and drinking.

The event is put together by multiple world record holder Sheri Daye, and she does an unbelievable job.

If you would like to get more of a feel for it, try these Spearboard threads.

This one has the schedule of events, but it keeps changing, so you might want to scroll to the last few posts for the final version.

[ame=http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=72549]The Blue Wild Expo 2009! - Spearboard Spearfishing Community[/ame]

This one has photos.
[ame=http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=77842]2009 Blue Wild Expo Photo thread - Thank You Sheri! - Spearboard Spearfishing Community[/ame]

And this one is the one I started for the Californians who attended. It also has photos.
[ame=http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=77926]Californians at the Expo - Spearboard Spearfishing Community[/ame]

I was there too. this was my first time at the expo and I was very impressed. I felt it was extremely well put together and it was so cool to be surrounded by passionate and knowledgable spearos for two straight days.
I learned a lot, got some great ideas, met some incredible folks and won a spool of q powerline :)
all in all a great time

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT