• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The dark side

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

willloomy

May 7, 2008
so over the last few weeks I have been researching pneumatics and the pull to the dark side of the speargun world is quite strong. however I would like to know every thing I can about pneumatic guns as possible before I rush in. first what are the guns available in america? personal preferences? I would like to start with a cheeper gun in case I end up hating pneumatics what are the options in the 150-300 range? how do the upgrades like the barrel sealing kits work? do you buy them, make them or what? I get the basic concepts of pnematics but would like to know more? thanks in advance

Aloha -Will Loomis

also to fulfill my desire over complicate things is there a some way to figure out the internal volume of the pressurized chambers of various models and sizes of guns?

Just got the Airbalete Camo 3D 100, I'll be posting pics of the stock gun along with the stuff that came with it. A few pages out of the manual may also help with some of the questions you posted.. I'm already workin' on some mods (somethin' like a red dot or fiber optics... guess we'll have to wait and see), I'm one of those folks that can't leave well enuf alone :)

:friday
cheers, matt

Fibreoptic red dot shot gun sight on my black mamba.....

Attachments

• mamba sight.jpg
    mamba sight.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 213
Well my custom gun uses a modified mamba styem but I prefer the line attached to the spear rather than a slder.

Thats what I ordered!!! U Da One?? I watched some youtube videos several weeks back which helped me ultimately decide I wanted to give pneumatics a try. The speargun obviously had a fiber optic front sight along with a fluorescent orange line which leads to the fiber optic sight!!

When my Airbalete arrived without the fiber optic.... I quickly went into my modding mode. I've ordered a tru-glow RED shotgun fron sight.... appears to be the right size (possibly enuf for 2 guns) and price. I ordered 1/8" RED fluorescent reflective tape which I plan to run along the spine just as I seen in the video. For those with low vis and a need for quick target aquistion, the factory configuration can be improved upon. Easy to see this concept will be much beneficial all around especially in the conditions I have. I'll have to get the guys name to give him his cred's... I'll post pics of the factory gun later today!!

Cheers, Matt

BTW..... That custom gun is KILLER man!! Well done!! Funny thing.... I was entertaining the thought of making a stock out of carbon fibre.... I only have firearm experience, not sure what the speargun lingo would call it...

B. Rgds,
Matt

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT