• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The DeeperBlue.net Gun Building Extravaganza - THE ULTIMATE THREAD! **READ ME**

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Welcome to the DeeperBlue Gun Building Extravaganza Ultimate Thread. This thread is designed to give you an overview and links to all the threads around this amazing and unique experiment in building a brand new custom speargun based on what you - the community decide should go into it.

Format
This is the format of the exercise:
  1. The objective is to build a wooden or wood based gun to show piece standards.
  2. The type of gun to be built will be chosen in the poll above.
  3. Other features such as the materials, handle position, trigger type etc. etc can be discussed in this thread. From the information received suitable materials will be chosen and purchased (obviously some choices may be restricted by availability).
  4. A new thread will then be opened and will feature the step by step cataloguing of the guns manufacture. Simple enough but here's the good bit: You the members will be able to contribute ideas and make decisions regarding the guns finer details and design. Again this will be within the bounds of sensibility and practicality but remember the aim is to build a gun like no other. An ambitious goal but the result will depend on you.
  5. Finally you will be given the chance to win this gun in a DeeperBlue competition after it's completion. So the more you contribute the more like your dream gun this will be.
The Threads
Here are the poll threads that make up the Gun Building Extravaganza:

We also have a number of discussion threads around aspects of the gun:

Feel free to join in to the discussions or polls and help get the most unique speargun ever to be built by the DB Community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: foxfish
Thank you Stephen... Ive been trying to update myself on the gun build but had no clue that threads 7-10 were even out there.

An update folks.

The main member of the team who was running this project has now left the forums. As such we are putting the project on hold up until we can find someone else to take up the mantle of running the build project.

Please have patience with us.

Are you saying the builder is no longer on the project?¿? I nominate Mori or Daryll Wong to be asked to finish the project. Of course I don't know who the orig buider was. If you mean a liazon...then disregard. Are all other aspects of the gun determined so we can move forward when able?

Sorry guys but there are some complications involved that are preventing any further progress at the present time...we are trying to sort out the problem but for the time being the project is on hold.

Just because I'm curious. What's the deal with this? I know there were some snags.....

We have had complications with the gun builder who is no longer involved with the build.
The project will be on hold until further notice.

foxfish , I don't suppose there's any chance you could take on the build is there ?
Bit of a cheek to sugest it , you being such a busy guy an' all but having seen some of your work on db I for one would be chuffed to bits to own a gun made by you :chatup( if you do it , don't forget who put your name foward when it comes to win the gun time )

Reactions: foxfish
Guys, I am as disappointed as anyone but I really cant tell you what is going to happen to the part completed gun?
Just keep your fingers crossed it will all come good.

The gun still exist.....just keep your fingers crossed it will be resurrected!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…