• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The deepest.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bluecape

Apr 21, 2003
Hi

I read on Pipin's site that he is planning another No-Limits record attempt on the 12 August in Italy, to coincide with the 2nd aniversary of Audrey's death.

Will be attempting to surpass the 600' mark. I realise that the 'purists' are now only concerned with CW, etc etc, but I am a freelance sports presenter on radio, and I cannot over-emphasize the importance of these No-Limit attempts for giving freediving coverage.

As much as I try to explain and convince the media of the merits of CW and the current competitions, they only want to know "how deep?" on a single breath. Sleds or no sleds. Mechanically aided or not. Lift baloons or not...it does'nt matter. The media want to know..."how deep on a single breath?". And 180 meters is a bigger story than 106 metes. Sad but true.

On a personal note, it was the Big Blue that attracted me to freediving, and No-Limits record attempts will always tug on my heartstrings. And in my opinion, anyone who goes past 170 meters on a lungfull of air gets a big 'respect' from me.

Good luck to Pipin.

Jeff

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…