• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The effects of tides for spearing from the shore in the uae

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Anton01972

Aug 25, 2010
Hi guys,

How does the tides effect spearing from the shore here in the UAE.
What is the best tide to to go spearing, or does it not matter.

Hi Anton,

Since i started spearfishing some speros told me high tide is better and some told low tide is better i mean for visibility... According to my experience i did not see any difference sometimes water was having great visibility at high tide and sometimes it having great visibility at low tide... The only thing tide was affecting is the current direction... (This is my point of view)

All best buddy...

All best buddy

Thanks Saleh,

I am going fishing now low tide is coming in will see what is on.
Last weekend went in High tide.

will let you know what is the diffirence.....if any.

cheers

Hi Saleh,

Back home again viz was very very poor less than 1m.
Also a lot of people fishing with lines.

I will have to find a new place less congested.
Maybe of the palm.

Talk later.

Hey Anton thnx for ur feedback...

Lafona any news about ur dive?
Posted via Mobile Device

It was a good dive. The viz was not bad at all. I have used my 120...
It seems hat the season has started... Barra, King and Queen fish are back.

I saw many many of them. Sadly it was many many small ones.

I am going to organise a meet and get to know each other sometime for the Dubai folks.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT