• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Freediver Movie??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Cool! Thanks for the link.
I checked imdb and it said the movie is still in production. I wonder if it will be released in the U.S. ?
On a side note , it kinda has a "b" movie look to it. I hope it's done well and doesn't come off as cheesey.
P.S. Have some Karma my friend.

Reactions: donmoore
I could imagine that it's a 'cheap' spinoff of James Cameron's plans to make a film about Pipin & Audrey. Or maybe Cameron stole the idea from these filmmakers, I don't know...

Chris Engelbrecht, Copenhagen

yeah interesting freediving films seem to have the deep love story angle.

editted "have to" to "have the"

Does anyone know ifthey released the IMAX movie on Pipin and Umberto to DVD? If not are they planning on it? I missed it in the theatres and am very interested in checking it out. I believe it was called "Oceanmen."

Thanks-
MAtt

The Freediver is actually based on the story of a Greek freediver, Danai Varveri (i think that is her last name) and Cameron's movie is again based on another real story. I think it's fantastic that all these freediving movies are being created to raise public awareness of our very underground (underwater actualy) sport. The Big Blue did us a huge service in this respect and with these two movies freediving might actually come out of the darkness and gain some public recognition. The future is looking good...

From what I found on IMDB the tenative relase date for "The Freediver" is Sept 1st, 2004

Looks interesting. Even if the story may end up on B-standard there will probably be some beautiful underwater footage

DAMN! Dom Swain is in it, I HAVE to see it ;-)

used to have a poster of her up in the gym when i was in College, :p

So which movie is the Jimmy Fizz flick that Freediver Magazine wrote about a while ago?

Jon

Sorry Jon, I don’t know that answer, but while we are on this subject, has anyone ever know a woman who liked “The Big Blue”? Personally I think its one of the best movies ever made. Deep competitive friendship, love, nature, cool music, and prioritizing. But women just don’t seem to get it. All they remember is the guy apparently commenting suicide at the end while his woman is pregnant. Why can’t they remember the other parts?:confused:
Drew

My wife HATES the movie!

She doesn't mind looking at the guys, since she thinks they're cute, but she can't stand Rosanne Arquette. The woman simply whines and sobs her way through the film. If they ever remake it they need to find a new leading lady.

Jon

OK - here is the run down of the FreeDiving movies so far:

• The Big Blue - the Luc Besson movie that's "sort-of" about Jacques Mayol
  • Phoenix Blue/Jimmy Fizz - The B-Grade movie about some rock star who discovers freediving, or something like that
  • The FreeDiver - the upcoming movie about Danai Varveri
  • Unnamed - the Pipin/Audrey story by James Cameron
I believe that is it - anyone know of any others?

I believe that is it - anyone know of any others?

Does WATER WORLD count? He held his breath forever in that movie.rofl rofl rofl

Jon;)

He didn't hold his breath Jon, he had gills if I remember correctly.

Forget the fluid goggles and carbon monos, that's gotta be the #1 piece of freedive gear. I reckon AIDA would ban him in a second though:D

Ash

I remember the gills, and the variable ballast set-up that he used.

Cameron's not doing his movie yet

James Cameron's not making his Pipin/Audrey film right away it seems. He's been quoted in the last day or two that his next film will be a big budget sci-fi film that he'll be shooting later this year.

Observer

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT