• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

the JULY Caption Contest

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The Associated Press
Updated: 12:28 p.m. ET July 30, 2004 SAN DIEGO -

Karl Rove dives down to check on his candidate after a second carrier-landing publicity stunt goes horribly awry. An A6, piloted by Pres. Bush, careened off the deck of the carrier after a catastrophic equipment malfunction.

An investigation revealed that all three tail-hook wires on the carrier deck failed simultaneously. Said one smirking Navy official, who spoke on the condition that the reporter wait until he stopped laughing, "I've neer seen anything quite like this. We really don't know quite how it happened ;)"

Attachments

• plane_caption.jpg
    plane_caption.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Can anyone read the VC number? I'll dig up the log book and see if I flew that one.
Aloha
Bill

Hey Bill! :)

The tail number's gone, but next time I'm there I'll look and see if I can find an ID plate or a registration. Even if we got a serial # we could probaly look it up. I'll mention it to the Ottawa guys too because they'll be back there before me.

Cheers,
Aaron

winner-time!

and yes, I realize that it's the 7th of the month, thanks.

in the interests of just having some plane ol' fun :head the entries were pretty fair. In no particular oder, these entries had the nod of the judges-

Jon- OTIS REDDING!!? Jeez, can a dead singer rest? :blackeye )I actually had to ask Jon about this folks seeing as how the last time I saw Otis, he was over here sitting on a dock...)

Erik- having bong nightmares buddy?

Sahdow keeps his tasteless tiara with his nod to the Kennedy's. Shadow, we gotta talk, pal.

Bill- you had me absolutely rolling! rofl

Butt it was the Pablo and his including the shot of the Keyz Kraze sinus extraction tool, cleverly disguised as a spearshaft, with the U?W shot that did the trick.

Muy props, Pablo! Send me a PM with your choice of a T or cup and I'll shake the powers that be, awake, though having them in V'couver, it might be a while...:mute

Just to clear it up for everyone else, Otis Redding was a famous singer back in the 60's.

That was until his plane crashed into Lake Monona one winter's day. One of the divers who did the body recovery also pulled a briefcase out of the plane with $10,000 in cash in it!

The exact spot where his plane landed on the bottom of the lake is only about 3 miles from my house, and about 3 1/2 miles from Ted's house. Most of the plane has since been recovered, with some of it hanging up in a local waterski shop. What's left can only be seen by sidescan sonar as it's buried in the muck on the bottom of that part of the lake.

I guess when you go that deep into the archives it makes it tough to win.;)

Jon

Reactions: OceanSwimmer
NICE!!!!!! flying high and soon nicely dress: a first class trip this forrum... thanks guys, thanks Sven! :)

Congratulations Pablo! Now the question I have is should I go spearfishing near an airport with this guy? :D

Adrian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT