• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The London International Dive Show

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

flyflicker

aka John
Sep 10, 2005
Is this worth going to i.e. any spearo stuff there or is it just for Scooby Doo's??

Saturday 1st April 2006 - 9:30am-6:00pm
Sunday 2nd April 2006 - 9:30am-5:00pm

Just scooby stuff, and despite what the organisers claim it gets smaller every year. Quite a few of the big shops will not be having stands this year due to last years very poor attendance
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk
www.c-ski.co.uk

I wonder if they'd have more luck if they held it near the coast somewhere(e.g. Southampton, Poole).

The issue is two fold - firstly it costs a fortune to exhibit there (we aren't exhibiting there this year due to cost), and secondly it's in the middle of nowhere so is difficult to get to. The Birmingham show is pretty well attended these days so is generally the best one to go to.

Ok cheers - luckily April 1st is the opening day of the trout season, so I'm sure I can find something else to do! :)

Folks,

Seems like we've recieved some interest from the organisers of the show. Following the thread here is an email i've received from the organisers:
Your forum posts discussing the London Dive Show have come to our attention and as organsiers, we would like to correct any misconceptions that you or your forum members might have.

1) Despite what the organisers claim it gets smaller every year.
This is untrue – we are taking exactly the same amount of sqm as last year and there are 230 exhibitors already booked for this years show.

2) Quite a few of the big shops will not be having stands this year due to last years very poor attendance.
The only shops that will not be there are a) Taunton Scuba – they have gone into liquidation and b)Kent Diving and c) Undersea Adventures. All the other shops that usually attend will be there. Although the attendance was lower last year, we still had 13,127 visitors. The drop was partly due to the show being held on Mothers Day and that is why we have ensured that the show is on a different weekend this year.

3) it costs a fortune to exhibit there (we aren't exhibiting there this year due to cost)
We have kept the same sqm rate exactly the same as DIVE 2005. Our Sqm rates are very competitive against other public shows and are lower than the Outdoors Show and the Adventure and Travel Show.

4) and secondly it's in the middle of nowhere so is difficult to get to.
Although Excel is on the east side of London, it is only 15 mins of the M25 J30 and directly off the A406. Also 20 mins from the city and 30 mins from Victoria and Kings Cross.

Excel has taken time to become the place to hold exhibitions in London, but it now holds 2 out of the 3 top consumer exhibitions in the Country – The Boat Show and the Motor Show. We therefore feel that Excel is the place to hold the London Dive Show. Also Excel will feature heavily as part of the 2012 London Olympics.

For up to date and accurate information on the show, please look at our website www.diveshows.co.uk.

Many Thanks

Jane Tillotson and Richard Thompson
Exhibition Manangers

Nice to see that your board is so widely read Stephen!
I have seen many shows that claim to be the same size as last years but in fact the aisles get wider and the stands get smaller...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT