• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The most thrilling drysuit ever that shall get your eye..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

How do you like this suit?

• +1

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

J Mc

Jan 19, 2009
I'm not sick of drysuit personally,
but this guy really gave me a thrill and raised my jealousy!
Many of my dive buds got turned on when I showed each of them this photo and would consider get one like that.
So may I ask anyone who knows what kind of drysuit this is to share with us where to buy one of those?
I've tried craglist ebay amazon etc. but no luck.. but that's a drysuit that's distinctive enough, and shan't be hard to find, I don't know why Google cannot recognise it. Key words I tried, green rubber drysuits, and I even tried search by image/image recognition.

718371545_d1ab1095d4_o.jpg

My first thought was that this drysuit was a replica Aquala chest-entry suit, but the hood and the wrist cuffs do not match the specifications:
Aquala-Tunnel-Front-r.jpg

The drysuit in the image MAY be the dark-green version of the So Lo Marx Skooba-"totes" model. These suits were last manufactured in the mid-1960s by the Loveland, Ohio, company that became Totes-Isotoner.

Here is an entry from the 1966 Submarine Products catalogue, which imported the Skooba-"totes" from the USA to the UK for British purchasers to use as a budget diving suit:

1966-totes.jpg
I own a "safety-yellow" version of the Skooba-"totes" called the "Golden Tiger" in historical publicity:

yellow_skooba-totes_dry_suit-jpg.59574

I have used it while snorkelling in the North Sea off the coast of North East England. The suit had the virtue of simplicity, its thin material worn over warm underclothing not only reducing body heat loss but also raising fewer obstacles to swimming movements.

A modern replica of the Skooba-"totes" has been around for a number of years made by Hydroglove suits (see below). Although this suit has always been available in black, a green version was manufactured for a short while. This is another possible identification of the suit you are showcasing.

A final thought is that the suit MAY have been a home-made design.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT