• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The new to this guy from Ibiza, Spain

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Dec 1, 2013
Greetings all,

I have enjoyed water and the sea all my life from Goa, India as a kid in the waves at age 6, then growing up on Ibiza in my teens and later exercising much in all sorts of ways, kayaking along the Malibu coast in California, swimming in the sea and waves there in my 20s and 30s. Then I returned to Ibiza where I just found my new love.

Freediving

I always dove down a ways with all the wrong gear and in all the wrong ways, doing it all wrong. Luckily in 2013 I saw that world class freedivers were coming to Ibiza and offering classes / stages here. So I signed up to two with the Freedive Legend Umberto Pelizzari in 2013 and the valuable lessons have changed and improved everything for me. I also took a small course with the great Champion of Spain, Miguel Lozano with whom I look forward to training more in 2014.

I have been looking for something new to do with myself and so I am currently creating a new job for myself. I will be offering snorkel / freedive excursions to the best locations underwater Ibiza has to offer. The best areas for a great underwater experience with rich scenic features and good depth is in the north of Ibiza. A website with all details, offers, photos and videos will be up soon so stay tuned and in contact if you like to come Freedive Ibiza with me. And I recommend the stages here with the freedive greats who will be returning in 2014.

I'm happy to say Ibiza is just starting to take off as a freedive holiday location and I am glad to be a part of the special opportunity to share this special place with fellow lovers of the water, the depth and the sea and the love of enjoying beautiful and thrilling Freedive locations.

My passion is to casual freedive, tunnels, caves, the submerged boulder landscapes and rock walls to enjoy the fun, the thrill and the sea life our rather vast underwater world has to offer.

I have lived on Ibiza for a total of 15 years on various different extended visits. I currently live here since 6 years with my wife and together we have an 8 year old son. I have lived in different parts of the world least of which in Germany where I was born in West Berlin back in 1971...

All my best and dive safely,

Tim

Greetings all,

I have enjoyed water and the sea all my life from Goa, India as a kid in the waves at age 6, then growing up on Ibiza in my teens and later exercising much in all sorts of ways, kayaking along the Malibu coast in California, swimming in the sea and waves there in my 20s and 30s. Then I returned to Ibiza where I just found my new love.

Freediving

I always dove down a ways with all the wrong gear and in all the wrong ways, doing it all wrong. Luckily in 2013 I saw that world class freedivers were coming to Ibiza and offering classes / stages here. So I signed up to two with the Freedive Legend Umberto Pelizzari in 2013 and the valuable lessons have changed and improved everything for me. I also took a small course with the great Champion of Spain, Miguel Lozano with whom I look forward to training more in 2014.

I have been looking for something new to do with myself and so I am currently creating a new job for myself. I will be offering snorkel / freedive excursions to the best locations underwater Ibiza has to offer. The best areas for a great underwater experience with rich scenic features and good depth is in the north of Ibiza. A website with all details, offers, photos and videos will be up soon so stay tuned and in contact if you like to come Freedive Ibiza with me. And I recommend the stages here with the freedive greats who will be returning in 2014.

I'm happy to say Ibiza is just starting to take off as a freedive holiday location and I am glad to be a part of the special opportunity to share this special place with fellow lovers of the water, the depth and the sea and the love of enjoying beautiful and thrilling Freedive locations.

My passion is to casual freedive, tunnels, caves, the submerged boulder landscapes and rock walls to enjoy the fun, the thrill and the sea life our rather vast underwater world has to offer.

I have lived on Ibiza for a total of 15 years on various different extended visits. I currently live here since 6 years with my wife and together we have an 8 year old son. I have lived in different parts of the world least of which in Germany where I was born in West Berlin back in 1971...

Tim

hallo Timotheus,

remember me ,
the belgian guy who keeps telling you,you shouldn't dive with your tuba in your mouth on your FB-posts !
I've read your story and just wanted to say that you should chase the dream and make your freedive enterprise become a reality.
I've been thinking the same and cannot seem to shake off Ibiza.
Between our stage with Umberto and now, i've become an international life-guard
and a certified rescueboat driver. Also doing the AIDA traject on the way.
So, if you ever need a multilingual hand ,don't hesitate to contact me .

Jeroen Van Haudt

hallo Timotheus,

remember me ,
the belgian guy who keeps telling you,you shouldn't dive with your tuba in your mouth on your FB-posts !
I've read your story and just wanted to say that you should chase the dream and make your freedive enterprise become a reality.
I've been thinking the same and cannot seem to shake off Ibiza.
Between our stage with Umberto and now, i've become an international life-guard
and a certified rescueboat driver. Also doing the AIDA traject on the way.
So, if you ever need a multilingual hand ,don't hesitate to contact me .

Jeroen Van Haudt

Hi Jeroen,

thank you for your support and you will be kept in mind and we will be in touch also through FB where you can also follow my progress more closely.

Good going on getting all the courses and certifications, that sounds great.

I will be getting more certifications and necessary courses in soon as well and may consult you soon on this.

It's all good and to freedive is very special in many ways and so the more people are exposed to the first level of this and then take it further, then all the better.

I was just writing for my new website and realised how the instant lowering of the heart rate with diving and even just first contact with water, is a good thing for all the people in the world leading stressed out lives. Those high flying super tense executive types.

Until soon,

Tim

Welcome Tim, sounds like you have had an interesting life :). When you are ready to launch your website & business, perhaps you should post a new thread in the Marketplace > Goods for Sale section (there is also a Marketplace > Courses section) ;)

Reactions: FreeDiveIbizaNorth
Hi All,

Thank you all for your responses and the warm welcome from DeeperBlue staff.

I have already begun to share DeeperBlue with the person who brings Umberto Pelitzari and Miguel Lozano to Ibiza and also my group of dedicated freedivers. We have a dedicated What's App group just for our freediving excursions and it works very well, I just posted about DeeperBlue here.

Best,

Tim

Greetings, I have a dog that is from Ibiza. Such an amazing breed. Anyhow, welcome!!

647a72533f6b89cc5e47717fcd9b1dc2_zps479d33b7.jpg

Greetings, I have a dog that is from Ibiza. Such an amazing breed. Anyhow, welcome!!

647a72533f6b89cc5e47717fcd9b1dc2_zps479d33b7.jpg
Yes the Podenco originally Egyptian apparently but your looks rounder maybe something else in there. The typical podencos here are thinner like the grey hound in features… Podencos are hunting dogs here. We have three cats. I used to have a dog… some friends have a dog but I forgot the breed and it dives for rocks 1.5 to 2 meters straight down. This was wild to watch… Greetings from Ibiza, here when you need pointers for good dive locations etc.!!!

Hi All,

Thank you all for your responses and the warm welcome from DeeperBlue staff.

I have already begun to share DeeperBlue with the person who brings Umberto Pelitzari and Miguel Lozano to Ibiza and also my group of dedicated freedivers. We have a dedicated What's App group just for our freediving excursions and it works very well, I just posted about DeeperBlue here.

Best,

Tim
Thanks Tim - you'll find the forums really friendly and loads of info. Appreciate you helping to spread the word!

Greetings all,

Freediving

Tim

Greetings all,

Freediving

Tim

hola Tim,
being one more tourist who felt in love with ibiza (for nearly 10 years now) for so many reasons... I m really glad you start this activity. My question is (as Freedive is not my first goal when coming en la isla...) I" d like to know what kind of material (fins, wetsuit, weights...) you include in your excursions (and so what should I take with me) ?

Un abrazo a la Isla.
Ciaoo

olivier

hola Tim,
being one more tourist who felt in love with ibiza (for nearly 10 years now) for so many reasons... I m really glad you start this activity. My question is (as Freedive is not my first goal when coming en la isla...) I" d like to know what kind of material (fins, wetsuit, weights...) you include in your excursions (and so what should I take with me) ?

Un abrazo a la Isla.
Ciaoo

olivier

Greetings Olivier,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes I can provide you with most of your gear.

Quality Masks and snorkels.
Shorty Wetsuits 3 sizes 8 units (summer season Mid June - Oct)
1 medium size full suit (winter Nov-May)
Booties
Weight belts rubber
This season I will begin to add long freedive fins
(Omer Stingray med flex and Sporasub Spitfire)

Depending on what time of the year you come and the water temperature, I have most of the gear.

You can find out more about me, how I work and the 13 locations around Ibiza that I do freedive excursions to, on

www.trueblueexperiences.com

Thank you and please ask any more questions you might have. I'm also on What's App iMessage and email to coordinate details closer to your arrival.

All the best and safe freediving,

Tim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT