• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The official "What Did You Get At Xmas" Thread

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
So folks - what did Santa/Parents/Siblings/Children/Friends/Enemies get you for Xmas?

I'll kick off:
  • iPod
  • Jumper/Pullover
  • Couple o' Shirts
  • Cash
Absolutely nothing diving orientated what-so-ever :( :naughty

Baby got 3 new Xcel Toddler Spring Suits. Mama got a new Bare full suit and a weight belt and weights. #1 (11 yr. old son) got 2 new Bare full suits. I got a bunch of stuff for the guns, band tubing, Riffe soft wishbones, a pair of Craftsman Accu-Cut cutters, a pair of Centro CH-18 crimpers, an aluminum muzzle for the Metal Tech and a pair of O.ME.R. BAT 40 fins.:)

Santa Baby......

....Can't think of Christmas gifts without Eartha Kitt's epic rendition of 'Santa Baby'.....:eek:

Santa must have thought I was VERY good this year, as I was blessed with some great stuff!!!

--An amazing cast piece that now occupies a place of honor in my bedroom ! :cool:
--Cash
--Gift Cert to a fave bookstore...
--jewelry!
Drum Roll--- and the kids gave me a JBL Explorer!
'Mom's first gun'! Awww....:eek:
Gotta love 'em for saying 'Merry Christmas, Mom! --Now get out there and kill something!'
[wiping a tear] Guess I raised 'em right after all.....:cool:

the fatman needs better intelligence...

I rarely make out during the holidays because I can never bring myself to tell anyone what I want. Or, I'm so fussy about my gear that any/all attempts [loved-ones make to add to my arsenal] usually fall short.

Useful gifts this year include an ImpulseII and a fillet knife.
Honorable mention goes to my shower radio and Trivial Pursuit :D.

....and Cynthia, thanks for injecting that atrocity-of-a-Christmas-song into my brain. For the duration, any violent tendencies I have will be accredited to you.

Ted

For the duration....of what?

Originally posted by unirdna
I rarely make out during the holidays because I can never bring myself to tell anyone what I want. Or, I'm so fussy about my gear that any/all attempts [loved-ones make to add to my arsenal] usually fall short.

Useful gifts this year include an ImpulseII and a fillet knife.
Honorable mention goes to my shower radio and Trivial Pursuit :D.

....and Cynthia, thanks for injecting that atrocity-of-a-Christmas-song into my brain. For the duration, any violent tendencies I have will be accredited to you.

Ted

:king My work here is done!

Ted,

We have the song on CD so I can burn you a copy of it for our road trips.;)

I got cash to get a new Elios suit and my daughter got a new swimsuit for the pool.:D

The best gift was a night of baby-sitting from my sister-in-law so my wife and I can actually go out on a date!:D

Jon

xmas

hmmm

not much to buy in here in Male.. but for what you can buy, the man got me

a Sony underwater light for my camera
new sunnies
pair of very cool billabong trousers
a necklace
a bracelet
a very nice book on coral reefs written by RC Anderson
book on diving in the Maldives (thanks, nice one :) )

and some other "stocking fillers" hehehehe ;) ;)

Attachments

• father-christmas-3.jpg
    father-christmas-3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 267
Last edited by a moderator:
If ya can't find a buddy, make one.

Hey Fly,

Big Congrats on the happy, healthy Lindbergh baby :). Don't let her anywhere near Cliff.....sounds like the poor guy is a walking petrie dish.

Ted

Congrats on the new addition to the family Fly!

Here are my pressies:

Omer Gun bag
Reebok running shoes
Some Clothes
Cash for my new Elios suit
And one from my wife I won't mention :D

Happy New Year

Emma!

Flyboy, Congratulations to you and your wife on the beautiful addition to your family!
As my dad would say, "You do good work, you two!"

She is lovely! And I'll bet she is sleeping well through the night, ------- just like a girl! Lovely photo!

OceanSwimmer/mother of 3....

Congratulations Flyboy! Quite the present for Christmas and the New Year! Best wishes to you and your family.

My Christmas gifts:
- standing on a surf board for the life of a wave on the 27th
- surfing in the snow on the 30th
- breaking a growing spell of insomnia
- returning home to snow on the 31st
- spending the holidays with good friends

Cheers,

Tyler

Congratulations Flyboy :)
I got
- an elastic waist belt, a line winder, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes and CLOTHES!!! I guess the women of our family like them alot :D

Hiya

My Xmas gifts were some cool sweaters, a few nice crayfish, a visit from a 'slightly-pissed' Bronzie ( Copper shark) at Cape Point, and this
SERIOUSLY FUNKY, HAPPENING, ULTRA-COOL T-SHIRT !!!!!
See Pic !

Cheers

Jeff

Last edited:
presents for new year + birthday,

cash from momy that i am planing to spend for new speargun or fin...cash from dad to help to get over under shotgun, hunting pants, vest (both upland)...

first off, congrats Flyboy!!!!

I recieved:

-$100 bucks
-a new set of socks ( :) or:( ,?)
-a barely/heavily used Swiss Ranger cookset

The cookset is from my dad, a random yet unique gift....well anyways.........

enjoy, Justin
"Can't go spearing today, ice is too thick."

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT