• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Shower

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Hi Folks

Had a few complaints after the last meet that the shower has gone from NDAC - I raised it with Darren and here's his reply

Hi Sam, The shower is something that was forced upon us by the Local Authority Forest of Dean again. It became a massive problem to us. The building inspector was going to take legal enforcement action against us unless we did what we did in the way of losing 2 sinks, shower and three toilets. If you can pass this info onto the team I will see what can be done in the coming weeks to sort something out it may be something temp but will allow you all to shower on site - I understand your concerns personally I think some of you look fab in rubber suits - But that my opinion! If you have any more comments please let me know as we do look forward to seeing you all at NDAC. Darren

If anyone has an idea, let me know. I guess we could get some of those solar showers and rig them up on the back of Dave's new monster truck.

anyway it will be hot soon so we can revert to the hose!

S

Sheeeesh

I'm still sticking ice cubes down my wetsuit cos its too warm up here!!

Southerners!!

:)

btw. John had a top idea and he brings a big water container with a shower head on it. Not ideal but a good idea until your showers are sorted. Good luck.

I am surprised he really doesn't think things through. I would gladly pay for a decent shower at the end of a dive. That one is not up to dealing with my hair!
BUt he also doesn't think about really attracting us to go there as members. I joined as a member last year because I was scuba there as well now obviously there is no point in me continuing membership when I now live in Egypt but what incentive is there for Freedivers to join the NDAC as members - even if he took £1 off the entry price it would be an encouragement - Otherwise there is no point.

it's not about Darren - he'd love to provide showers. It's to do with planning permission - they have no mains water on site (and have been fighting to get it for years) so they are really limited in the number of water-making things they can have there.

we have also talked about the membership thing and as far as I know, he is giving free membership cards to freedivers, you just have to ask. I certainly sorted that for a few people who asked me a while back and they were more than happy to do it.

just ordered 3 solar shower things on Amazon... now we just need some sun!

I'd send you some sun from here if I could- its been 35 degrees most of the last couple of weeks.:wave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT