• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

the Sultan of Smooth is back and breathing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

speargearshop

still the Sultan o Smooth
Jul 1, 2009
Cor! I go off on a multi year bender and come back to this?!

A humble, honest and heartfelt hello and all to the old guard of this place. Stephan (aka Boss), Erik, Iya, Jon, etc... and most of all Sara Lise. I've missed you all and the space here won't allow for everything that's gone on, down and downer.

Send yours truly a PM and we'll get this place shimmering again.

Sven

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
Sven, welcome back mate! Been bloody ages. So you've morphed into speargearshop now, but you can't keep a good Sultan down.

DB is still gunning along, some still here, some moved on but the overall smell is still the same.

Good to see you home.

Cheers,
Ben

Hey Ben! Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, there's still that same whiff about the place that needs a good swift kick by an old man, huh?

Reactions: BennyB
Too right... these young whippersnappers have no idea. Get your size 11's on and get kicking!

Yeah, well... I gotta get with the Boss here and all. Give the masses a ring for me, Erik, Sara, jimdoe and warn them that the daycare is over.

1180 fsw down. 1179 fsw up.

Spent too much time in between the ears, less time than I should have in the heart. I don't recommend it.

Good to see you're still around. Everyone safe?

Reactions: Jon
Sven is back in the house!:friday

Glad to see you back on here. What happened to your old screen name? Did they retire it like an old jersey- only to see it pop back up again with some team from Minnesota?

Jon

I just checked out you new site!
Custom camera mounts, tipping floats, custom suit lube? Finally someone comes up with all of the needed freediving accessories that aren't covered in any dive catalog that I've ever seen. :inlove

Very smooth, very smooth indeed.

Jon

Virgin Mary, the Sultan is back!!! Welcome back the Sultan!

smooth sultan stuff on your website!

Øncle Sven! Hot damn, the Olde Teme is back and kicking. Let there be fish . . . dead fish.

Hey Sven. welcome back mate.
an idea: why not put a plastic cone on the end of those great "bandidos" to stop the pointy end causing havoc in the boat? I like a nice needle sharp point on my spears, but my buddies in the boat rarely do....

even a plastic cap (like a pen top) on a string on the end would do, would help stop the bandido sliding too far down the gun too.

Hey back at y'all.

I've a few PM's to answer from you, but for the pubic, er, public forum...

The Bandido's have a small opening at the end Azapa that keeps them from sliding down the muzzle and shaft. I can hear Sara cackling from here...

Most of the current users are quipped with detachable heads on the shafts so the pointy thing isn't so much of an issue, but you euro types could benefit from some sort of hard cap. The cheap easy and here it comes, smooth way to deal with all that is to use a Bandido to protect the muzzles and bands and take a piece of plastic hose and slip it over the floppers to protect the upholstery.

Nice idea of yours though. Feel free to submit other ideas, all the current items are the result of those ideas. The $ balance between cost and ability to sell is a thin one.

I like the custom camera mounts- it's about time someone came up with a commercial version.

What about posting some pics of your Amphibian Float?

Jon

It's in the garage pending getting the $ to send it to tooling for the rotational molds.

Long story short- the rest of the World's finances came calling before I could get all the stuff up and running. You can tell I saved a bundle on the photos :head

The kid looks like she's been happy and healthy. How was the Winter, and where's that reprobate neighbor of yours?

That's my son- who just turned 4. I guess it has been a while since you've been on here. ;)

Here's my daughter:

Tedski is still around - despite his best efforts when diving with Conner.rofl

He's still childless, as the cold water has left him barren, and instead has to travel all the time to warm water places and shove my nose in it with great photos and videos.

Attachments

• snorkeling 1.jpg
    snorkeling 1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: Erik
Welcome back Sven, it's good to hear from you again. You'll make us laugh once more. Well, many times, but don't overdo it, huh? Give us a chance to recover once in a while! :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT