• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Ultimate Adrenilne Junkie Dive

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ocean_314

Oct 4, 2006
The humbolt squid are off the California coast now. They travel in huge schools are can be lured to within 50' of the surface. They are big highly agressive animals averaging 30lbs but many are over 50lbs. Hows this for a dive for crazy adrenline junkies.rofl

Attachments

• Dave holding 75lb Squid.jpg
    Dave holding 75lb Squid.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 221
There was a link to a video clip around here somewhere, this guy dives in a chainmail cover over his wetsuit and goes down to video these guys in the gulf of mexico, pretty hardcore one of the squid attacs the video housing and you can hear it crunch away. I wouldnt wana come across one of them...

I know of the gonetobaja member that used to post here gives tours and does video of this large squid. They put on some type of plastic armour over their bodies to protect themselfs.

I think it was like a reinforced fibreglass plate design to stop the squid from crushing them and a chainmail suit over to stop the chitonous teeth to bite through the unexposed areas... :martial

I saw a programme where Jaquie Crozens i think was diving with them and tried to avoid being near the fishing boats the squid were a lot less aggresive and the flashing slowed down considerably then started up again and the squid got rattled as the local fishermen had followed them out and started fishing beside them again knowing they had sophisticated equipment to try and track the squid. They are damm scary though I reckon I,d give them a wide berth

Just found it

'The Truth About Killer Squid'

(C5/Discovery Channel)

Well i should have said how about hunting the humbolt Squid. Can you imagine spearing one and not stoning it.

Whats up guys!!

Here is the clip you are looking for.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG3IRWZSDos]YouTube - Giant Humboldt Squid Documentary[/ame]

I promise if you dive squid with me you wont get hurt:naughty

Its the most awsome dive you will ever have.

Squid Diving

GTB
:friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT