• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

This morning's dive...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
Went for a dive this morning, but because our diving boat is out of commission we swam out over the edge of the atoll, took about half an hour to swim out with all the gear :mad: then we only had a 25 minute dive as we had to swim back in time for a meeting..

however, we saw some nice stuff and I managed to get a couple of pics in. the small oyster in the brain coral was taken by my fiance'.

should be meeting bdurrett and his wife this week... hopefully we'll have some good water drinking photos to post!

Attachments

• Dive 10-12-04 001b.jpg
    Dive 10-12-04 001b.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Dive 10-12-04 011b.jpg
    Dive 10-12-04 011b.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Dive 10-12-04 015b.jpg
    Dive 10-12-04 015b.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 134
Hi Ms Sands
Kayak diving, saves a lot of swimming.
In my wild imagination I have wondered if there was any feasability of dropping divers off by helicopter. Divers could be fully rigged up as the flight would be short, hover above the water drop the divers in with a float with a radio transmitter. When the divers have finished their dive they press the pickup button and the float sends starts sending out a homing signal for the pilot to follow. The chopper goes out to the site lands on the water, the divers climb back in and back to land.

"That's right," says the pilot, '"we always do giant stride entries from 3,000ft."

This has got bugger all to do with your post and I suppose I shoulda started my own in stead of busting in on yours whith a whole pile of tripe.

P.S. Glad you enjoyed your dive.

HI Poida
couldn't imagine kayaking with my steel tank on my back :)

also the reef is too shallow to cross over with a kayak..

hey i saw a documentary about guys jumping from a heli while they were whale shark spotting... they wanted to get in there ahead to take footage. However the guy mistook the shark identity and found himself head on with a fully grown tiger shark.
hehehehehehe.

enjoy your day Poida... could have done with an automated chopper pick up this morning after that swim i tell ya.

Cheers
"sands"

Lovely pics Sara,
Is the irridescence caused by mother of pearl in the oyster? I

Adrian

hi there

We both use a Sony P10... the blue irridescence is still the flesh of the oyster... as far as i can see. Some of the thorny oyster's have it too.

I'll try and get a more close-up picture of one next time I am in the water.

bdurrett called us up last night, we are probably going to visit him and his wife tonight or tomorrow. More faces from the db in person!

Send a group photo Sara, I'd love to be there with all of you and say Hi to Bret, I bet you'll have a blast!

Adrian

island_sands said:
HI Poida
couldn't imagine kayaking with my steel tank on my back :)

also the reef is too shallow to cross over with a kayak..

haha, you dont put the tank on your back and paddle. there are molded areas where you strap the tank. There is no need to have anything strapped to you while paddling.

I only need 6" of water to paddle without hitting bottom.

sounds good! the only kayak we have on this island weighs about 60kg.. :(

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT