• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Threads on pneumatic spearguns

Freediver83

Sep 11, 2024
Hi, guys!

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me the threads used on different pneumatic spearguns?

I have a Effesub Magnum 70 and the gasket on the pump is not sealing anymore, I measuref the threads to M16 with a 1.5mm thread pitch and I’m hoping there is a better pump for another speargun manufacturer with a more solid design that could maybe fit

Thank you for any help!

IMG_2594.jpeg

Well we have already discussed this gun before and it is a rebadged Tigullio RAS. The pump seals on an "O" ring installed in the back end of the gun, it will not be a problem with the pump. However just to be sure, put your finger over the end of the pump and push the handle down to see if it develops any pressure against your finger. The pump bore may need lubricating if the gun has been sitting around for years unused.

Well we have already discussed this gun before and it is a rebadged Tigullio RAS. The pump seals on an "O" ring installed in the back end of the gun, it will not be a problem with the pump. However just to be sure, put your finger over the end of the pump and push the handle down to see if it develops any pressure against your finger. The pump bore may need lubricating if the gun has been sitting around for years unused.

Yes I know popgun pete, it was very helpfull but the problem with this speargun is that neither Effesub or Tigullio RAS is not replying to my mails and it seems like all the different manufacturers have different threads, I recently got a SEAC asso-50 pneumatic speargun for my girlfriend and my RAS pump did not fit so I had to buy a SEAC pump for her but as my RAS pump can’t create any pressure anymore because of the broken gasket I can’t pump it up
I have tried looking everywhere for the correct gasket and only found one but they don’t reply so I even tried different ways to make my own gaskets but it keeps slipping off the pump handle after a few strokes
So either I get another pump that has a more durable design and fit or maybe a power loader but again finding one with the correct threads turns out to be very difficult..

I did manage to order a foot holster though

I live in Norway and I don’t know anyone around here who has a pneumatic speargun so it’t not so easy to try other pumps on my speargun

A picture is said to be worth a thousand words. Most pneumatic guns have different hand pumps, there is no one size that fits all. I actually mentioned that fact in the thread on the Francis Sabre gun which is another rebranding of the RAS speargun. Each manufacturer tries to make their gun different to the competition. However manufacturers may produce guns for a new distributor by changing the stickers, or even a new nameplate insert in the molding die. The gun may have a new name, but it is actually the same gun.
inlet valve of RAS speargun R.jpg

A picture is said to be worth a thousand words. Most pneumatic guns have different hand pumps, there is no one size that fits all. I actually mentioned that fact in the thread on the Francis Sabre gun which is another rebranding of the RAS speargun. Each manufacturer tries to make their gun different to the competition. However manufacturers may produce guns for a new distributor by changing the stickers, or even a new nameplate insert in the molding die. The gun may have a new name, but it is actually the same gun.
View attachment 60380
Yes I figured that different manufacturers would have different both designs and threads, this pictures looks very much like the end of my speargun
I’m thinking if the inne tube diameter is the same as a another brand the gasket may fit mine too but to be honest the type of gasket used on mine is not the best design, especially as I need to pump it 450 times to get full pressure

You won't find another pump, you just need to replace that "O" ring in the back of the gun. That is what stops the connection leaking. On a Cressi gun, which uses a different pump, the end of the pump presses on a flat rubber gasket, but that is not the way the RAS guns work. You can measure the "O" ring and see if you can find a stock size that fits. To do that you measure the ring OD and the section width of the rubber ring taking a couple of measurements at different spots and use the average value in each case.

The o-ring is fine it’s the gasget or pump seal that is not working, the design is like a cup that seals and create pressure when it’s pushed down but it’s not working anymore and the design is bad as I have only used it a few times so I’m hoping there is a another pump with a better desugn that will fit the threads on the back of my speargun you see

How old is this gun and where did you get it? Could be if it is an old gun that has been sitting around for years the pump seal has dried out or deteriorated. A lot of discussion would have been saved if you tried the test with your finger over the end of the pump to see if it developed any pressure as I mentioned on the other thread. You might be able to swap the pump rod from another pump with the same barrel bore. Hand pumps are very simple, nothing complicated.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT