• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

tigullio fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
we have them here too but never used them, they are just lower quality if the price difference is not too much buy cressi or omer instead.

Hiya

They're ok fins. Fairly soft blades but at that price, they're still better than normal scuba fins.

I think SaSpearo used a pair a while back, and he said they weren't bad either.

As long as you get a gaurantee on them you'll be ok.

If you're looking for very good quality fins at a very good price, drop Jyri at www.specialfins.com a email. Ask him about the Classic fins.

Regards
miles

harpune1

Where do you get the prices, and how do you order them? I checked out the site, but found no ordering options...

Hope you can help me out.

Gerald

i heard omer millenium are likely to crack in the middle i think gara 2000 would be a good choice for me since i this will be my first pair of longfins, they seem very durable??
and the only fins i could try on for shoe size berfore i order them too expensive around here:waterwork

How much are the footpockets? If the footpockets are decent, it's almost worthwhile to buy the fins and toss the blades in the trash.

Another instructor I worked with bought a pair to use in the pool and they cracked and fell apart within a month. :(

I would try anything else- cheap pair of SPrasubs or Picasso's off of the D.B. store would be a much better choice.

Jon

Gara 2000 HF are very stiff and hard for surface swimming, I would suggest the Gara 3000!

My $0.02 -- Skip the Garas

The Dessaults are as good, cost about the same and you can use the footpockets for fiber blades when you want to up-grade,

buy omer standart or competition depends your physical apperance and diving skill, then you can change blades for upgrades or replacements. Blades of milleniums are cheaper than dirt too.

The only mileniums I heard off that tend to crack are the milenium ICE - transparant blades. But I heard that OMER has fixed that already.
I have milenium green and so far although there are a few stress signs, and they might have lost some stiffness, they are ok, and I have no fear of breaking them just yet.
I bought milenium competition BLADES yesterday at a most amazing price: 16euro, or even a bit less. I just couldn't skip the oppertunity (it was the last day of a crazy sale).
Being able to seperate the blade from the footpocket is making the most of your money if you ask me. Therefore I'de go for OMER or Sporasub, not Cressi.
It also helped me a great deal backpacking with them for a few months.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT