• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tigullio Guns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

snare

Nov 15, 2005
Hi guys,

Has anybody used a Tigullio RAS pneumatic speargun? I've been looking around for a new gun and I've been offered a Tigullio RAS 70 secondhand for $80AU, which is pretty cheap in comparison to a new Mares/etc pneumatic gun of the same size. Any thoughts?

ras_70.gif

http://www.tigulliodive.it/inglese/verde/fucili.htm

Last edited:
I have no idea if 80 aussie dollars is cheap: how much is it in euro?
However, I used to have a Ras 70, than I gave it to my cousin who is still using it for cave: it's a traditional airgun, nothing special, but definitely well built and reliable.
So, why did I give it away? Nothing to be suspicious of.
Several years ago I turned to rubberguns and gave away most of my airforce, keeping air only for cave in very short measures: sporasub rafal 41, omer tempest 50 and mares medisten. I had bought the tigullio to replace the old 1992 medisten, but then I sentimentally turned back to the medisten, that was a gift from my grandfather. So, no need for the ras fo me. But for you...

$80AU is about 50 Euros.

I'm sort of new to the sport, I used to spear a fair bit with a polespear when I was younger and I've just moved back to my coastal home town and want to get back into it. I don't really want to spend a lot, and I don't need a huge powerful gun. I'll be out in shallowish areas off the rocks around the headlands and whatnot after bream/morwong/leather jackets/etc (whatever I can find), but nothing too huge. :)

Hi Snare.
Basic gun , almost the same as the cressi sl series. very easy to service and spares are not too expensive, 50 Euros is a bit steep but maybe the second hand market is strong where you are, make sure all the seals are in order before buying (Pump it full and throw it in the bath load it and remove the spear, fire off once under water and look for excessive bubbles).if so the plunger/piston seals may be Perished. seal kits are available from a good tigullio stockist(i always buy the complete piston with seals). Before each days dive drop a couple of drops of Pneumatic Speargun oil down the muzzel onto the piston (keeps the seal sweet for longer. and allows less wear on the barrel(my theory).

Have Fun with it if you do buy. :)
im the same as spaghetti only use pneumatics for caves and fun, Tooooooooo Loud. :) :)

Thanks for the advice :) I'm going to have a look at it on the weekend, so I'll take all that into consideration.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT