• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

tips on gear & contacts in sardinia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dutchie84

Jul 17, 2011
Dear fellow underwater hunters,

Being a moderate spearo (max 20m dive depth) and not able to spearfish in my very flat country I'm lookin at all possibilities to go hunting again. Leaving NZ 3 yrs ago has made me miss spearfishing more then I could ever imagine. Since flights are very cheap at the moment to fly anywhere in Europe I'm looking at going away for a week in november (15th-22nd). And since italy seems to be the only country where you don't need a license I'm lookin at Sardinia. Now I've read that the best places to go are in the north (castelsardo area) and that it should be no problem shooting some fish there. The only problem for me now is that Ryan Air (cheapest airline by far) does not allow you to bring a gun of any kind on the plane. Fortunately I haven't bought one yet so if anyone can advise me where I can buy sling guns in that area please do so. I've been tryin to sort out an affordable trip since may and I just want to find this place where I can travel to twice or three times a year to catch my dinner. Nobody in Holland spearfishes though and I'm not that good at Italian (yet). Any info regarding where to go or where to find the right people/shops/hotels/climate/locations would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Dutchie

That is the one and only Umbertos back garden contact him direct.

You best get good at Italian, a lot of that area you can't even go to banks/petrol stations/restaurants and expect to hear any other language.

One day we should force everyone to speak English, until then at least learn how to ask for a beer and a pizza in Italian

Umberto Pelizzari Official Web Site

cheers man! That's actually very funny cause I spoke to him not that long ago but about Sharm and freediving. I will email him once again.

thank you!

He does courses in Sardinia as well. He even has a street named after him over there

Beautiful part of the world

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…