• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Top Freediving Cities in The World to Live In?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
North Queensland (cairns) door step of the Great Barrier Reef, water temperature never drops below 23degrees Celcius. Whales, turtles, Dolphins, Mantas, Coral reefs 1000's of fish, Marlin Tuna, Wahoo etc.

Resteraunts, Bars, Clubs Tropical rainforest, water falls, white water rafting, bungee jumping... ahhh and the women hmmm...

ah yeah and when the weather is crap we dive Lake eachum a fresh water lake 65m deep which is divable all year around with the coldest temperature at depth 17degrees celcius.

all in all not a bad place to live and dive (just need more freedivers) only have about 5 active recreational divers. but we do have a line setup and weekly pool training:)

DD

believe I tried to immigrate to AUS but Visa problem keep me stuck :head
If you really want, there is always a way. Usually you need to invest little bit money into it, but if you have some skills, it pays then back fast. The simplest way if launching a company in the country of your choice. In the majority of democratic states, foreigners can do it without limitations. Then, as the CEO of that society, you won't have much problems to get working visa, especially if the company already shows some activity. But often even that is not needed. Just contact a commercial layer in that country and he'll tell you what's needed.

And even if you have no skills or professional experience to launch your own company, you can hire an agent who will handle all for you. Of course, it will be more expensive than if you really create a real company that you then use, but it is viable. You just need to count with the cost, and be ready to work hard to get the investment back.

I created companies in four different countries (Germany, USA, France, and home), and although I never needed the status for getting my visa, I know it works, and could have easily use it for that purpose.

Another possibility, but sometimes more difficult and less practical, is getting a student visa.

thank you very much trux I own u a beer at aarhus:friday I want to migrate not for money but for culture, there are several decent cultures/countries that I love and want to be part of and help them, I don't need huge amounts of money I 'm not one of those who get rich or dye but I want to get a major or a bachelor probably I have to the last year of highschool or final exams again:blackeyehard work and study were never a problem to me I'm a good student runs in the family but as teen here I was more worried to avoid problems than studies:martialI actually went to university as student/researcher but I'm never ok here work ideologies here suck:duhI don't want my future kids to grow up here

I don't know yet what to study but who knows I'm not a monotonous person maybe markting or buisness managment probably I mount some scuba buisness or something

I lived in brazil for a few months many years ago 100km from RIO de JAneiro at Buzios best diving place ever lot's of desert islands wacth out some of them are private islands, lots of turtles corals the whole package and by the summer beatiful girls :friday

North Queensland (cairns) door step of the Great Barrier Reef, water temperature never drops below 23degrees Celcius. Whales, turtles, Dolphins, Mantas, Coral reefs 1000's of fish, Marlin Tuna, Wahoo etc.

This is where I want to move too. If I knew how to go about getting a job there, I would go for sure. I looked into it some time ago.... I should look again maybe.

if your a dive instructor or a skipper its easy! always those kinds of jobs going, otherwise if you have a trade it shouldnt be an issue either.

what do you want to do? what are your qualifications, may be able to help you out a bit.

like all places cairns has its bad points....... ummmmm.........hmmmm.

ah:

- wet season with cyclones cant really dive the reef, but we still have the lakes.
- trade winds in "winter" but again dont stop the lake diving and we still average about 10days a month of divable weather during this season.

its never cold anyway so doesnt really matter. advantages definetly outway the negatives. if nothing else, the rainforests, pubs and the woman!

DD

Reactions: ILDiver
it is possible o live as a dive instructor?!?!?it has so many scuba activity there?!??

DivingDane it is possible to have a decent life there as nurse or a vet?I'm planing to some higher education nothing to serious I don't dream of having ferrari's or anything like (well maybe when I get old and bald I will those to fool girls but right know a simple boat would make me more than happy:))

I'm 22 laid back I like water sports, buzz everyone about freediving and make them envy showing them how good it is:mad: hate getto mentality,love girls diving and peanuts and party cairns looks like sanctuary to me:inlove

u could start recruting people there start a club maybe I did some here althought decent spots are damm far away but the young lobster gave me the best reward I could ever get no it isn't a yacth or a wr but a smile and party did the trick:friday

Nurse or VET for SURE! vet is a very high paying job in australia and will make GOOD money, i have 3 friends that are nurses here and they live very comfortably, mountain biking, pub snorkelling etc. no problems

it is nice but like i have said the weather is not always good but for that time of year we dive the lakes or go hiking, fishing etc.

DD

:inlove looks like ...:), pitty that I probably would to melbourne or sidney :rcard I don't like big cities and capitals even less village or small cities are definetly much more friendly, still AUS looks like destiny to me always wanted to great adventures in the water,it just one of those places that feels like home,here I tried many times to go some natural reserves and do some long swims with fins to some small islands but cops don't like the dive comunity and their (and of other boats we have high maritime traffic) behaviour they already have lots of action in court but this summer with my new triton nothing can ruin it hahahahaha

PS: not even visibility FUN FUN FUN

Roatan, Honduras!

Attachments

• 1491060_559532440805498_1498264769_n.jpg
    1491060_559532440805498_1498264769_n.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 166
Hi all, we have ocean here in China as well. 19 degrees around water and 3 meters visibility. Depth around 10 meters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offshore FL coast is my favorite so far. You do have to go out a little ways to get to the deep with no layered currents though.

So, anywhere in the Gulfstream, giant vastness of open Ocean.

Would want to check out:
Nice, Villefranche
Greek Islands/Med

Sharm is cool cause you just walk off the dock to great water...but c'mon the food is a bit rough.

(Food has gotta weigh heavily for best location!)
Oh, and no depth but, Aarhus looks like a really cool city!
I have to disagree about food in Sharm-i guess it mainly depends on where you stay. Just took my mom this past November to Sharm and we stayed at Royal Savoy, which is probably the top hotel in Sharm outside of 4 Seasons, so it was definitely not cheap, but our meal plan included any restaurant/bar in the Savoy group of hotels, as well as pretty much the entire Soho Square. Our meals were all beyond fabulous. BUT.... like i said, I wanted to treat my mom to a first class beach vacation, so I paid a pretty penny for that week. If I were to go freedive in Sharm now, I would stay some place cheap (but safe), because I'd be in the water all day anyway... That trip is where I discovered my love for freediving :)

It's hard to imagine a more peaceful and enjoyable place to live than Australia. I feel so lucky to be a born here and have experienced a grate deal of her diving, but only scratched the surface. From Ningaloo in the west to the Great Barrier to the east and the south coast its like every dive environment imaginable. There's always the option of a holiday and see who you meet. If you have dive qualifications its not hard to find work and then a visa is more accessible if you have contacts. Good Luck.;)

The nicest area I have dived was the Torres strait island's.Trout every were.Just don't get drunk and go to the main island at 3am(n)
(un-invited),also be careful leaving your tinny on the main island on an out going tide.Long walks across reef carrying an out board motor and tinny by hand really really sucks.:confused:If you avoid all this its a dame fine place to be.(y)

Evita, I live in Maputo. Could you give me a few tips of the places you dived in maputo? Cheers
Maputo, Mozambique :inlove lovely place to live and there are some nice spots here off the coast with lots of fish and visibility. And you can go on weekend trips to the beaches Tofo (mantas) and Ponta d'Ouro (dolphins).

I haven't freedived in Cape Town, but I hear it is great also. And that city is fantastic.

The flooded lime quarry Kreidesee in Hemmoor is about 80 km from Hamburg. I don't know what living in Hamburg is like, but Kreidesee is my favorite confined underwater playground.
Maputo, Mozambique :inlove lovely place to live and there are some nice spots here off the coast with lots of fish and visibility. And you can go on weekend trips to the beaches Tofo (mantas) and Ponta d'Ouro (dolphins).

I haven't freedived in Cape Town, but I hear it is great also. And that city is fantastic.

The flooded lime quarry Kreidesee in Hemmoor is about 80 km from Hamburg. I don't know what living in Hamburg is like, but Kreidesee is my favorite confined underwater playground.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT