• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Toronto, ON. Looking for a buddy.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Andrew.

Nov 29, 2015
I'm free in the evenings, looking for a pool training buddy to keep me company through these cold, lonely winters.

Hi Andrew,

The easy answer is to get out to a Freedive Toronto pool outing!

There's lots of keeners there and some knowledgable, experienced divers as well!

Where in the GTA are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the west end of downtown.. Queen and Strachan. Are you a regular at the club on Mondays?

I went to the freedive toronto meetings but always felt like I was behind, lacking the proper technique to catch up or keep up.. and not feeling comfortable asking more experienced divers to watch me flail around like a wounded fish. I'm a much better swimmer now after practicing on my own for a year, but still.. not sure if I'll take that path again. Always felt like I was on the outside at meetings.

I moved north-east of the city and have only been there a couple of times (this month actually) in the past year.

People are really nice and one of the leaders or previous leaders / members of the executive would surely give you some feedback / tips.

MUCH better to train with freedivers than to train alone from a safety standpoint.

I'd definitely pick up some UWH and UWR over the winter and get to the Monday sessions when you can as well and by the time the ice thaws in May, you'll be ready for Tobermory!!

Underwater hockey (there are games in Hamilton, Brampton and Toronto) and Underwater Rugby (Brampton, Toronto and Brantford).

It's AMAZING training and conditioning and it's good fun.

Maybe I'll give the club another chance, they were all very nice but it didn't seem like the pace was right for me as a beginner at the time. Always felt left behind, but maybe it was just in my head!

I'm free in the evenings, looking for a pool training buddy to keep me company through these cold, lonely winters.

Hi Andrew, I'm in the same boat as you - looking for a freediving buddy - whether it's for pool training sessions, or getting out to Tobermory for a day of diving. I've never used this forum before so not sure how it works, but if you'd like to connect, shoot me a message. Cheers

I'm in the Toronto area, beginner and wouldn't mind finding some diving buddies! I'm planning to check out the freedive toronto club in april...

Add me on Facebook and we can keep in touch that way until it warms up. I was thinking of freedive Toronto as well (potentially also doing an AIDA course).

Egor Nesterenko. As my profile picture it is me l with and Elk.

Egor

The ice has melted. Time to slip into your 5mm and get out there!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT