• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Totally FREEdiving - no weights, no wetsuit, no fins...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
efattah said:
To my knowledge the record for natural apnea (no suit, no mask, no fins), is -80m by Sebastien Murat using the FRC method which doesn't require weights.

Come again, the FRC method? (I'm a bit behind in the lingo.)

80 meters!!! Did the brother go 'unashamed'?

Chris Engelbrecht, Copenhagen'

FRC = Diving with less air in your lungs. You take a breath and relax, what air stays in the lungs you dive with.
Not only does it give you a better diveresponse - you also sink without weights and therefore you just have to swim on your way up.

Sebastian Murat is the master of FRC, his courses are really really interesting. I never attended to one myself but i certainly will!

and yeah. after reading this post i got inspired and did unbelievable 3.3 meters. that was in a lake, 20 degrees on surface and 11 degrees 2 meters down... also it was pitch black and i´ve never been diving there before so i was a little scared. i will try next time in my homelake. ^^

I'm interested in learning this kind of diving (no weight, no fins, no wetsuit, and possibly no mask as well) after I complete my introductory course this month. I think this is the purist form of diving. However, I find very little information about this. This thread is the only thing I can find, and unfortunately my instructor doesn't do this as well.

Where should I learn this purist form of diving and find a buddy?

In a warm see, like the Mediterranean, it quite recreational. Reaching 15-20 m with some rest. I do it during my lunch break, I go the sea by bike just bringing my mono, snorkel and mask with me. Quite enjoyable, just fun. And I love the water flowing over my skin during the dive :cool:.

I'm interested in learning this kind of diving (no weight, no fins, no wetsuit, and possibly no mask as well) after I complete my introductory course this month. I think this is the purist form of diving. However, I find very little information about this. This thread is the only thing I can find, and unfortunately my instructor doesn't do this as well.

Where should I learn this purist form of diving and find a buddy?
I prefer to use the mask, also to avoid to touch jelly fish - which are unfriendly "companions when you do a "purist" dive ...

Damn...I wish I could try that...not sure about the 8 degrees Celsius water we have here tho. XD

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT