• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Totally FREEdiving - no weights, no wetsuit, no fins...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
efattah said:
To my knowledge the record for natural apnea (no suit, no mask, no fins), is -80m by Sebastien Murat using the FRC method which doesn't require weights.

Come again, the FRC method? (I'm a bit behind in the lingo.)

80 meters!!! Did the brother go 'unashamed'?

Chris Engelbrecht, Copenhagen'

FRC = Diving with less air in your lungs. You take a breath and relax, what air stays in the lungs you dive with.
Not only does it give you a better diveresponse - you also sink without weights and therefore you just have to swim on your way up.

Sebastian Murat is the master of FRC, his courses are really really interesting. I never attended to one myself but i certainly will!

and yeah. after reading this post i got inspired and did unbelievable 3.3 meters. that was in a lake, 20 degrees on surface and 11 degrees 2 meters down... also it was pitch black and i´ve never been diving there before so i was a little scared. i will try next time in my homelake. ^^

I'm interested in learning this kind of diving (no weight, no fins, no wetsuit, and possibly no mask as well) after I complete my introductory course this month. I think this is the purist form of diving. However, I find very little information about this. This thread is the only thing I can find, and unfortunately my instructor doesn't do this as well.

Where should I learn this purist form of diving and find a buddy?

In a warm see, like the Mediterranean, it quite recreational. Reaching 15-20 m with some rest. I do it during my lunch break, I go the sea by bike just bringing my mono, snorkel and mask with me. Quite enjoyable, just fun. And I love the water flowing over my skin during the dive .

I prefer to use the mask, also to avoid to touch jelly fish - which are unfriendly "companions when you do a "purist" dive ...

Damn...I wish I could try that...not sure about the 8 degrees Celsius water we have here tho. XD

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…