• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Totem Sub Visit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
Just thought I'd show you all a couple of pics of my visit to Totemsub factory in Rome. The gun I am holding is a 120 Tahiti with double 16mm bands. Trigger mech will hold double 20's no problem.

The people I am with are Fabrizio D'Agnano (President) and Adriano who finished building one of my guns whilst I watched.

The third pic is of a few guns hanging out to dry.

Not a bad way to spend my honeymoon eh!!!!

Reactions: Jon and donmoore
Thats awesome man. You get it with 7mm shaft???

I learned that TOTEM has dealer in Türkey. I am thinking to sold my OMER Alluminium to buy Pelagos 100. Let me know what you think about pelagos.;)

Hello Shaneshac,
Congratulations for the wedding and especially for the honeymoon place around the Italy esp. around the totemsub!!
did you buy that tahiti 120,it seems very elegant,if you buy double 16mm why didn't you prefer double 20??
And the Shaft wasn't really 7 mm??
Greetings from Turkey
Dr. Aydýn Mevsim

Reactions: donmoore
gongratulations for your wedding.
Nice gun, how much did you have to pay for that beauty?

Tuomo

hi

Congrats on the marriage shane, nice place to go for a honeymoon :p

How popular was spearfishing in Italy shane.

cheers

Each gun with reel costs about 300 euros. Fabrizio and Adriano only make 3 to 400 guns a year as they are hand made. I got a 7mm shaft on the Tahiti.

I got twin 16's as I want to get used to that power and then increase as needed. I bought a few metres of 20mm rubber for that.

Spearfishing is extremely popular in Italy and most of the original spearing brands are italian. Cressi, Omer etc.

Tuomo if you are interested in a gun PM me and I will explain a few more details.

Shaneshac ,What is the brand name of their rubber,is it the picasso's 21 mm ? or is it a different one,and if their trigger mechanism can carry the double 20 mm ,it will be great for you...
If not is there any quaranty...
Aydýn

The rubber is made specially for them. 19.5mm 100% pure latex bands.

The gun comes with a 2 year warranty.

Damn...should have planned my honeymoon around a visit to Daryl Wong's workshop in Hawaii:D

My wife had a "no spearing" rule for the honeymoon!;)

Hey Shaca you get good price. Theya are 380 euro in Türkey. Do you have pics of Pelagos? Don't forget to write rewiev about them when you had a chance to try.

I'll take pics when the gun arrives. I will also write a review.

Man I can't wait.

Originally posted by aydýn
Shaneshac ,What is the brand name of their rubber,is it the picasso's 21 mm ? or is it a different one,and if their trigger mechanism can carry the double 20 mm ,it will be great for you...
If not is there any quaranty...
Aydýn

Generally european brands does not produce bulk rubber, and most of the latex bands manufactures in US.

Originally posted by shaneshac
I'll take pics when the gun arrives. I will also write a review.

Man I can't wait.

I'm really waiting for the review with some detailed pictures :D

Dear shaneshac,
I'll be waiting for your review on your new gun. By the way ,excuse me I just find the Gibraltar on a big map,but shaca its a wonderful location,all the mediterrenean fishes will pass in front of you.
Gracias..

Hi shaca,

I was just interested about the price since the gun looks quite sweet. Unfortunately i'll have no use at all for gun like that here, and it would be rather difficult to convince my wife that i actually need that gun.. ;) otherwise that would be a sweet thing to own.

Looking forward to read your reviews on that beauty.

Tuomo

Tuomo,

They also make the Aqua model which us the same shape as the one I am holding but with a thinner barrel. THey make this in 75cm I think. This gun is desingned for use in rough water for smaller species and is used a lot in italy for cave hunting.

Check it out on the www.totemsub.it website.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT