• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Totemsub Guizzo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Its way too new Ed.

I will ask if he can make one in 100cm length for you?

Would you like the micro reel though?

Hey - thought you might pop up here !

I think that the Pelagos 100 with a T80 reel is better for my needs but I was just trying to find out about this Guizzo (80cm with a micro reel - how much line does it hold ?). I might be relocating/moving house soon so although the Guizzo would work well here in the Channel Islands I think the Pelagos would be a better all rounder.

I was wondering how they would compare.

Also - forgot to ask you when talking about the Pelagos 100:

1 - the Pelagos 100 comes with a 6.5 mm Devoto shaft: is this stainless steel or spring steel ? I think spring steel is better/more robust ?

2 - which is more appropriate for the Pelagos 100 - the 17.5mm band or the 19mm band ? I think you have the 19mm on your Pelagos 90cm ? Do you sacrifice power for accuracy ?

3 - the Pelagos 100 can either come with a T80 reel or with a "Premium reel". Looks like one has a handle and the other doesn't. I think having a handle is important - otherwise how do you gett the line back on the reel ?! Or is the "Premium" just the T100 reel ?

4 - I found the price page on the Totemsub site and notice that you can buy spare bands. I looked at the photo on the site and am not sure how the metal artic. band can be replaced. With a dyneema band you can thread the band through and then tie the final knot in the dyneema. How would you change the metal one ? Is there some sort of quick release I am missing ?!

5 - bulk rubber sells for 16.50 euros (17.5mm) or 17.50 euros (19mm) a metre - is this a fair price ? How is the Totemsub rubber ? I think you (Shane) posted some message about trying Picasso green rubber with your Totemsub Tahiti... is that a better rubber ?
How many bands can you make from one metre of rubber (for a Pelagos 100).

Damn - I always ask too much !

(Wahey ! Just bought a second hand Nikonos III camera so there might be some photos on the web soon - black and white - old skool stylee...)

Cheers
Ed

Ok here come the answers :D

Originally posted by portinfer
Hey - thought you might pop up here !

I think that the Pelagos 100 with a T80 reel is better for my needs but I was just trying to find out about this Guizzo (80cm with a micro reel - how much line does it hold ?). I might be relocating/moving house soon so although the Guizzo would work well here in the Channel Islands I think the Pelagos would be a better all rounder.

Ed
The Micro reel will hold about 20m of 2mm line

I was wondering how they would compare.

Also - forgot to ask you when talking about the Pelagos 100:

1 - the Pelagos 100 comes with a 6.5 mm Devoto shaft: is this stainless steel or spring steel ? I think spring steel is better/more robust ?

Ed
This is made of 6.5mm brown spring steel.

2 - which is more appropriate for the Pelagos 100 - the 17.5mm band or the 19mm band ? I think you have the 19mm on your Pelagos 90cm ? Do you sacrifice power for accuracy ?

Ed
With a wooden gun go for power. The accuracy on these guns is guarnteed. 19mm all the way.

3 - the Pelagos 100 can either come with a T80 reel or with a "Premium reel". Looks like one has a handle and the other doesn't. I think having a handle is important - otherwise how do you gett the line back on the reel ?! Or is the "Premium" just the T100 reel ?

Ed
The "premium" refers to the handle not the reel. One handle is ergonomic the other is traditional. T80 and T100 reel have a little knob to wind line with..

4 - I found the price page on the Totemsub site and notice that you can buy spare bands. I looked at the photo on the site and am not sure how the metal artic. band can be replaced. With a dyneema band you can thread the band through and then tie the final knot in the dyneema. How would you change the metal one ? Is there some sort of quick release I am missing ?!

Ed
No you would need to retie a metal wishbone.

5 - bulk rubber sells for 16.50 euros (17.5mm) or 17.50 euros (19mm) a metre - is this a fair price ? How is the Totemsub rubber ? I think you (Shane) posted some message about trying Picasso green rubber with your Totemsub Tahiti... is that a better rubber ? Ed
Totem rubber is very progressive. Not a bang but a whoosh!!!. It is pure latex so it cannot get much better really.
How many bands can you make from one metre of rubber (for a Pelagos 100). Ed
ASk Fabrizio for wnough rubber for 2 bands. It will be over a meter. a 19mm band for a 100 will be about 60cm i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT