• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Totemsub Pelagos 100

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

portinfer

Aquatic shopper...
Jul 3, 2003
Very nice.

Ordered one for myself and one for a friend, and tried it this morning. Really nice to use. A bit different to load than a euro style gun but once loaded it handles really well in the water.

Good tracking and floats well too. Managed to shoot a 46cm bass with it just behind the "ear" - well the gill plate at any rate. Not sure if this was my skill or some nefarious special fish homing spot that totems come with - I suspect the latter...

So - a really nice gun - hopefully try it with friends once the weather has improved a bit.

Ed

268 Euros for the 100. Price list is on the site posted.
Mark

Does it float in pancake syrup? How does it taste? Is it woodpecker proof? I'd hate for a woodpecker to make holes in it. :(

Has anyone out there had one shipped to the west coast (US)? Would like to know what it costs.

Congratulations on your new gun Ed.

Yes that Totem homing device works well. It has still not been patented thats why we are keeping it hush hush for now :D

How did you like the solid THUMP when it fires as opposed to normal guns?

Hope you catch plenty of fish.

Take care

Shane

Thats bad news

Is the gun damaged?

I hope it has not caused any major problems.

The 100 Tahiti I bought.... the guy shipped it in a short box & patched the ends with extra cardboard. The whole box was like paper by the time I got it & the spear was sticking out of both ends... :(

Attachments

• p1010002.jpg
    p1010002.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 306
Just the shaft - I'll see if the guy got insurance, I think UPS has $100 inclusive, so I can get a bit for a replacement shaft.

Yes Shane - really nice underwater - very quiet and you dont get the audible CLANG that you get with normal spearguns - I can hear my mate when he fires one off in the water (that wasnt meant to sound smutty !).

But anyway - the metal ones sound metallic - this Totem sounds quiet and even when I shot the bass yesterday the other one that it was swimming with looked then went rather than screaming off like before with metal guns.

So all in all a nice gun - as far as my packaging went - it was fine - nice solid box made for Totem by the looks of it - all branded and so on.

Well - might just give it another twirl this afternoon.

Ed

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT