• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

totemsub pelagos 90

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hiya

I've seen a diaparin movie where he shoots Dentex in 20-30m water doing 2minutes+ bottom times. Those fish are mental!!! Never seen a fish THAT strong for its size. There's a wicked clip in that movie where a nice sized fish bends his spear!!!! They even show it in slow motion!!! In the movie he shoots them with a reel gun. They way they rip off line from his reel is amazing, once again taking into account the size of the fish.

I'd love to be able to hunt them someday :p

miles

BAUR,

the OMER flopper does not weak the shaft too much???

is it this shaft:

shaft1.jpg

it seems really week under the barb

thank you Shane, I already see parts of the video, especially when GianFranco hits Dentex in the lower part and he manages to catch him even with a really bad shoot!!!

hey sane,

did you try Dapiran SpearGun's??
I was wondering what are the difference beetween TotemSub and Dapiran ones?

There are a number of differences between the Dapiran gunsand Totem.

1. Dapiran uses a small washer and/or magnets to hold shaft onto rail

2. Dapiran Guns made of one piece of wood (not laminated)

3. Dapiran guns handle is very very ergonomic. It has been designed from olympic pistol shooting grips.

4. Dapiran shapes his guns according to very technical testing he does, to ensure minimum recoil and max accuracy.

I have not tested Dapiran guns so cannot comment on performance, but after long conversations with Giorgio, I am very sure they will perform outstandingly.

Thanx,

on the pict, dapiran guns look really... thick.

but I like the line release system

Hello Cece

Yes thats what it basically looks like. It may seem weak under the barb and probably is for larger fish. Has given me many fish nonetheless (1-7kg dentex) and as already mentioned IMO prevents fish from ripping very well.

Shane do you have a link to see the "thin" devoto sliptip? Am very interested.

Hey Baur, Where are you based.

I will contact Gianfranco Donati (close friend of Devoto) as soon as you respond, and find out the best way to proceed.

Shane

Thanks for the effort mate.

I work in the UK (Wales), but am based in Cyprus. Im in the UK at the moment and will be going to Cyprus at the end of this month. If Donati can find a way to get me both sliptips (6.5 + 7) to (South) Cyprus I would be much obliged to both of you.

Baur

hey Shane/Baur,
Does the reel come standard with the tahiti? (T80?) I am trying to figure costs here since shipping will be hell to Qatar.
anton

Anton

The reel unfortunately does not come as standard. T80 or T100 is optional and is fitted upon request. Last time I checked T80 and T100 were 48 and 50 euros respectively.

http://www.totemsub.it/english/listino.htm

The price list in english from my understanding has not been updated for some time. For the revised prices check out the price list in French or Italian.

There is also a new model out people the "Guizzo" whick looks very promising @300euros.

http://www.totemsub.it/guizzo/guizzo.htm

Shipping costs could be a problem. Id suggest having it delivered to a friend in Europe, who could get it to you somehow. Its also cheaper within the EU because VAT and import duty between member states has been abolished.

Last edited:
Baur,
Thanks, I think I will have to pay the shipping though... airlines and middle east security are sometimes a bit rough! (although I can bring a live hunting falcon right on board :) ) Outside the EU I am ok with the VAT and locally jsut about every Qatari dives (they were pearl divers before they found oil here) and many spearfish so the customs guys will most likely only want to see a picture of some fish on a bbq for duty!

anton

Hey Dapiran looks much younger in picture, hard to belive he is in sixties...May be a hair paint, ha???:D :D

Anyway...Shane are those two banded wide winged spearguns lastest version of jedi or something? Really looks weird, like small Riffe Bluewater model with rear handed...

Baur,

Don't forget to bring tahiti with you may be we can have some time to go spearing together:cool: :cool: :cool:

Murat,

Thatb is the new Mini Jedi I am holding. It is a 75cm gun with double 17.5mm bands. Designed for big fish in murky water of big fish in caves. has a 4m range.

The wide back end acts as a hydro brake and gives the gun more stability with the 120kilo traction from the double bands.

This has been proven succesful with 1000 frame per second filming.

I was very close to buying one but it was a bit pricey for impulse buy. First time I have ever stopped myself from buying something I really wanted.

He makes the Super Jedi which is 106. With the double 17.5mm bands it has a 6m range with very good penetration. I also had intentions but my Tahiti and Picasso are curently good enough ;)

He is currently making a new Pelagic film to show the qualities of this gun. It should be quite good as all his movies.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT