• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

totemsub pelagos 90

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Do you know why he did not use lamination technique? Seems all of the serious guns has laminated stock.:hmm

Murat I discussed this matter in detail with him. In his experience, wood of that length is too short to warp???

He mentioned that only industrial length hardwoods would warp with time. However he does give a guarantee so we should be covered.

I would like to have him in the forum but he does not speak english.

The Dapiran guns seem to be strange beasts indeed. Id like to have a 75 beefed up like that, would be fun.

Murat, the Tahiti does not leave my side :martial Meeting up in Cyprus to spear would be nice. Where are you located, and where do you usually spear?

Baur

I am located in Famagusta (North) and spear here there so...;)

Great, Im situated in Nicosia and usually like to fish the areas east of Ayia Napa. Im sure we can organise something.

On Floppers

Hi,

I have both Devoto and Omer shafts. If you haven't notice the floppers on the Devoto slip tip and the 6,5mm shaft and omer shafts are the same. I really like these floppers, and like Baur said they are great for fish with soft flesh.
The low profile of the flopper will reduce the wound size when it goes trough the fish. A bad placed barb with a big profile will make a big wound on the fish and increase the chances of loosing it.
Other things that help is to file down the edges of the flopper, like Baur said, also of the flopper pin, and keep the shaft tip in good condition. Sometime a hit on a rock deforms the shaft tip slightly and that will so cause a bigger wound.

I've never caught a Dentex...I wish!:D
I've seen some of the Dapiran movies (5 starts) and was really impressed how Dentex trash around when they are speared.
One of my favorite fish to hunt are bluefish, and they also trash around a lot (the fish just go completely insane when speared) and have very soft flesh. The devoto shafts with “Low profile" really helped a lot in bagging some.

How you play with the fish and reel line is also very important.
First thing I try to do is keep the fish from bolting away and taking to much line with it. Second keep it of the bottom and from tangling the line all around the rocks, and try to keep the reel line as vertical as possible.
Sometimes this is just impossible and the fish will give no chance and immediately go beserk and try to get free from shaft rubbing himself on the bottom.
I usually don't try to grab big bluefish until they have run out of gas, that’s just too risky (they will bite) and if you didn't get any bone (a shot to the head or hard place) it will tear for sure.

the best luck for you guys with Dentex.

Cheers,
Rui

Attachments

• dscn4408.jpg
    dscn4408.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 511
Reactions: Baur
Hey guys,

Have you seen the AJ I caught yesterday using standard devoto flopper.

Yes the Devoto floppers are like the Omer ones and they do work very well.

Hi Guys,

If somebody is interested i would like to sell my TOTEM Tahity 120 mimetic with T100 Reel with an extra new devoto shaft.I have used it for about 3 hours.Placed in Spain

Price: 300 Euros. jgris@telefonica.net

Hello Jorgetes

Are you not satisfied with the Tahiti ? Just curious of your reasons, since it takes quite a while to get hold of one, why dispense of it after only 3hrs use?

Baurzhan

Hello Baur,

:naughty . There,s not any problem with the totem tahiti.I think is the best to the best in Europe.The only reason I sell it is that I have received a good offert of a riffe speargun :eek: .

Good Fishing:t

OK Jorge :D:D

I have a Tahiti also (my pride and joy), so was just curious.

Let us know how it goes with the Riffe. Which model are you interested in?

Safe Diving

Baur

Does it balanced for 6.5mm or 7mm shaft?

Any scratch on the gun?

Hi Murat,

The tahiti is NEW!!Have used just 3 hours in 15 meters.I have used with the original 6,5 and with 7mm shaft and can,t find some diferences. ;)

Hiya

You still have it for sale???

Check your PM!!!:D :D

Regards
miles

Originally posted by jorgetes
Hello Baur,

:naughty . There,s not any problem with the totem tahiti.I think is the best to the best in Europe.The only reason I sell it is that I have received a good offert of a riffe speargun :eek: .

Good Fishing:t

Cece, he is buying a Riffe

:D

oups...

I need to wake up... sorry guys.

by the way, how would be the shipping to France Jorgetes...
I might be interested...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT