• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Totemsub Power

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
This is the first Bonito I caught with my totem Tahiti. I caught a much bigger one yesterday morning which I will post tomorrow.

The gaunt look on my face is a sign I have been diving way too much. The salt water is F£"$%$ing me up I think HEHE

Bonito el bonito! Man, you do look gaunt, at least exhausted. But with a gun like that I bet you can't resist! How deep was the water where you got that bonito?

Adrian

This is the first Bonito

Hey Shane man.

Nice catch. Congrats! Oh, BTW, nice gun too! :cool:

The Divefan

Bluefin beware.........:p

That small bonito is a fast swimmer and that is a small fish, so it means accuracy and tracking wise you got a winner on your hand.....:eek:

If any Blue Fin gets close enough to you........yum yum...:p

very nice fish :)

I know this look at your face :D

Seems fishing season coming in europe:cool:

Hey shane send few of them here....

Nice fish!

Bonito is usually a faaaaaaaaaaaaast fish, then not so easy to shoot.

Congratulations
Jeff

Last edited:
Adrian, I caught that in 12 meters of water doing aspetto. I always look thin and drawn out after a long dive. Must be the severe water loss from too much peeing.

Murat, I'll give them your address :)

Iya If a blufin comes within range I definitely won't miss.

waow, nice fishs and nice gun too, I'm trying building mine but.... well, let's say it is not as easy as I would like ...

Anyway, totemsub speargun are wonderful but by far too much expensive for me at least...

shane forget about the bonito whose cossie is at the back ground???

(bonitos are great as well :) )

o yeah! :D tell us the story, the eal seems to get a very nice shot... was it an insant kill?

No, the eel was under a large concrete slab about 6 metres deep. I looked underneath and was confused as to why it was so dark when the slab was resting on top of other rocks. When I got closer I realisded the eel was blocking all the light from entering. I went back for air and when I returned the eel hasd positioned itself for the perfect shot. Perfect headshot but It had so much power I could not pull it out. My buddy tried and managed to pull the head out. Using his gun I took a second shot and we managed to pull it out. THe eel would not stop twirling so I told my buddy to put his fin in the eel's mouth so I could kill it. The eel nearly ripped my buddies leg off in the process :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT