• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

totemsub question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I saw this yesterday.

It is a good buy.

DEmka handles are desigend to hold double bands. They look a bit plastic but hey. looks can deceive

it seems like tahiti 100 for that price its cheaper than steal:p

Thanks guys for the response. I wrote the guy who was selling it and asked a few questions.

1. How old is it: 2 1/2 years
2. Condition: very good
3. size: 100cm (Murat you are on the money!)
4. Where it was purchased: in Rome, Italy. My parents live few miles from Fabrizio D'Agostino's office. He's the guy who owns Totemsub

I am trying to find this gun on the Totemsub site but I can't find the same handle.

Shane, you said the handle was designed to take 2 bands. Is the trigger mechanism different than Fabrizo's own trigger? Is this the handle you have on your Totemsubs?

If Fabrizio thinks it will take two bands then there is no problem just ask him. This sperate handle mounting things over year and a half ago. Now Farizio use his own metal case trigger mech(unlike standart euro mech) in his all spearguns including the ones that shane bought.

The Totems i bough come with the new Totem Mech and wooden handle

This is the old Tahiti "S" model. Available with commercial handle of your choice. The normal choice was always Demka or Beuchat as they hold the traction better than most other euro mechs

Hope this answers your question

Shane

Darn it, I've been watching this for days... even told shaneshac to advise you all that it was made out of cardboard ;)

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I fell asleep and missed the end of the auction. It's a very rainy stormy summer day in south Florida today.

Oh well, next time. Hey Fuzz hope it was you that nabbed it. :D fishaloha ?

Yeah, I just used one of those automatic auction-bidding softwares. It bid for me while I was in the bathroom :eek:

I'll let you guys know how it shoots. Been dying to test one out, but haven't been able to buy one due to the crazy shipping costs!

I was going to bid on this gun but I started putting a new door on my house and completly missed the auction .I wanted to kick myself in the a@#.

I was going to bid $250

I put $250 as my proxy when I first bid. Good thing you missed out or you would have cost me an extra $50 ;) --- Fuzz

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my neighbors went on vacation over to Europe for a month
and didn't tell me about it until he was driving to the airport (thanks Krunard!). If I had known sooner I would have gave him some cash to get me a gun there and bring it back for me . Totemsub slipped from my fingers .

good luck with the gun Fuzz . Give us the full report about it after your first session:)

I must immediately get one of these, look even harold of hawaii got onerofl rofl rofl :martial

And me and shane should get sponsorship from Farizio to introduced his guns to US marketing..:D

i would get one for now if he was able to answer e-mail i send. No complaining i know he is too busy to care about one gun.

yes i send e-mails to these adresses before but i already bought my new wood gun and its as accurate as speargun could have. My next purchases are D3 and C4, i think i have enough gun for now.

BTW last time i hit 22 meters on my second dive, i consider it was good since it was second dive in the sea, couldn't warmed up even and heart was beating like crazy because of non stop surface swim to the diving point. I am doing no static at all, no training. Newly started diving. Under these condition i can say that 30+ meters is not too far for me. May at the end of the season...

You should try 22m in cold green water with 4m viz.

Hey i think Alun does it in near freezing water with even less than 4m viz.

thats nuts

don't worry to dive t 30 meters as dentex stays around the 20meters limits because of the temperature...

;-)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT