• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

totemsub

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Petar

May 14, 2005
Hello, everyone
I'm new on the forum,for which I can tell that's more then great
I live In Belgrade( former Yugoslavia) and I would like to buy totem tahiti 120cm. Can anyone explain me what is the easiest way to buy this gun (but not to travel in Italy)?

Maybe by post - Fabrizio is the owner and he can send you a tahiti I'm sure - email him at info@totemsub.it

I bought a pelagos 100 from him last year and am in the process of buying some bits off him now - should get a short email reply back from him within a few days and possibly the postage will be about 25 euros ? Somewhere around there.

http://www.totemsub.it/indexarbaen.htm

Hope that helps - Ed
(Very nice guns by the way ! :))

By the way a Tahiti 120 is quite some gun ... what species do you get around your way ? How do you intend to use it ? From a boat ? Deep diving ?

Just curious !

Cheers Ed

Free diving is my first love and I`m new in spearfishing but reading articles and forums made me belive that Tahiti 120 is right gun for me. I'm opened for any suggestion about gun choice, so help me, please
Pozdrav, Petar

Hi Petar - what kind of fish will you be shooting ? (dentex ? bass ? corvina ? mullet ? palmina ? grouper ?)

What weight ? (5 pounds ? 10 pounds ? 20 pounds ?)

What areas do you fish ? (deep aspetto ? aguarto ? shallow surf spots ?)

Do you dive and fish at 5m ? to 10m ? to 20m ?

These are the sorts of questions that might help you make the right choice.

For example I personally would use an 80cm for shallow water hunting for bass up to 10 pounds (if I'm lucky :))

From what I have seen of people like Shane in Gibraltar they use a 100cm gun for fishing at 10m to 20m for fish like corvina / dentex / bass. Mostly around the 8pound to 15 pound range...

Alot of choices but let us know what kind of areas and fish you will be looking for.

CHeers
Ed

Petar if you are new and this is your first gun, a 120 will only give you grief in the water and will only be useful for decoration over your fireplace.

Unless you are living in the tropics a 120 woodie is a gun that you can only use certain times a year under specific conditions, without it being overkill.

However if you like the Tahiti personally id go for an 100. Much more versatile, easier to aim with, and easier loading, while still packing alot of power. Definitely not a gun to start going to school with but at least youll see plenty of action with it, while the 120 maybe you will put it in a closet after 15-20 shots and look for another gun.

Maybe even a Pelagos 90 ? Good all rounder then progress to session specific guns later ?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT