• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

scottwilson

Supporter
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
Hey

I'm curious to know what training you guys and gals do to keep fit and improve your bottom time.

I find a bit of running and kayaking makes a big difference but was hoping to broaden my training as both become a bit hard to do as winter closes in

I can't run for toffee my knees give me jip after 100 yards but I spend about an hour a day doing either cardio vascular training on either an exercise bike or an elliptical cross trainer, or strength training with weights. I have modified Tanya Streeter's schedule to suit my lesser needs (or in other words I'm too unfit to do her version rofl)

Man I see what you mean, that is one hell of a training regime.

Ive thought about swimming but the local pool gets crowded the times im able to go and it's mayhem:martial

Early in the season i do 3 co2 tables a week along with a bit of Apnea walking. Make sure you do Apnea walking somewhere soft encase you BO, hit the floor hard and you could have a accident.
Any form of cardiovascular training is also good.

Tables can become very boring after a while but they do help improve static times.
I downloaded a Freediving table software that has co2 and 02 tables which is good to use while on the computer.

I try to keep diving as long as possible. Normally I manage to December but due to sea conditions I get less days of diving in winter. I'm suffering diving withdrawals at the moment.
In January and February I do some gentle jogging over the fields each day with my dogs. This does nothing for bottom time but helps generally to keep me a bit fit without too much pain. I only do a mile or two as I'm in my 50's and my knees aren't great.
By March I'm wanting to be in the water again.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…