• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Traveling with spearguns with RyanAir

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kodama

Jun 20, 2016
Looking for some one with experience who has successfully travelled with ryan air with spearguns. A friend of mine just recently had his luggage checked and the guns where not allowed on the plane. It says so clearly in their policy.
Unfortunately I am traveling with them again. We where thinking to take the guns apart. Tubes and spears and gear in the sportube declaring it honestly as fishing equipment. And taking the handles in a separate bag of checked luggage.
I hope this will work somehow
1c4b2b12834db263b8fc116de0c9fe11.png

Any advice is appreciated. Yes I know I will never fly with them again. False economy anyway. The tickets where not booked by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks. I’d find another airline. I know easier said than done. Anyway I did what you said I took mine apart and put them in a sport tube to bring to the Philippines and didn’t have any problems. But different airlines for me. Well good luck. Also we’re you going?

Flying from Belgium to Croatia. My friend who had troubles flew from the Netherlands That might make a difference too. I am considering to take a pole spear as well in the hope that they will not identify it and as a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are from Ca right? You travel a lot. Well hope they don’t take your guns from you. Good luck and safe travels.

Next time check with Norwegian. Can’t find anything specific regarding spearguns in their conditions. They do have a more general clause banning weapons, but nothing specific against spearguns as the RA ditto.

They do have good prices, and many destinations. Maybe the prices are slightly higher than RyanAir, but when you have added baggage and all the bullshit Ryan add on its about the same.

https://www.norwegian.com/en/booking/booking-information/legal/general-conditions-of-carriage/

51c7afccf57668eb23ac3dd176fee0ae.png

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT