• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Treasure in the caves

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

caymandiver

give me gills!
Jun 18, 2003
I was freediving the caves at Devil's Grottho here on the Cayman Islands.

There are caves with diffrent size entrances, some where you have to wiggle to get through!, in about a size bit bigger than a football field underwater. It's not deep, just about 45ft at the deepest.

There is this one dead end room where if you keep going and peek through the little hole you can see a hidden chamber. And it's magnificent!

When it's in the season, like now!, the camber get's filled with a heard of little 2 inch silver fish. I don't know the name of it but there's thousands of them hiding in the chamber. And the light from the holes above comes shining down and reflects off the fish. It's sooo beautiful:D. They are just dancing with the water! It's like finding a treasure at the bottom of the sea!

And it's time like these whenI am reminded to be so greatful to life. And also my life is short so I got to do what I want. It really is an amazing universe and it's soo not about growing up and going to school and try to be a doctor or a lawyer to get the best of life. When you are doing the impossible, like holding your breath for 2 and a half minutes in the caves!!:duh , life is soo not what most seems to think it is. It's just full of wonder and mystery! I refuse to live an ordinary life. :D

Christian

hi

Yep I so dont want to live an ordinary life, remember work to live, dont live to work. I have to remind myself with this with the amont of Fu&*ing work I have been doin lately.

cheers

That's what i keep repeating to myself every day. I work for life, just a bit more and i'm out of here. I pretty much fuel my life with hopes of more life centered living and less working.
I'll last just a bit more and.. ;)
tuomo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT