• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trigger Mechanism; Demo inv. roller conversion

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

NorthernBreeze

Oct 11, 2019
Hello deeperblue!
I would like to ask If anybody knows something about, or has been using following speargun with this particular trigger mechanism.
IMG_20190928_144604.jpg

IMG_20191002_095827.jpg

IMG_20190928_144651.jpg

IMG_20190928_143306.jpg

I am wondering:
1) What trigger mechanism is used?

2) How many kg's has it been tested to?

3) What is the speargun model name?

I would love to receive some input on these questions, as I am thinking of buying this model for a transformation to a demultiplied 3 inv. roller (roisub-like), in which I would need a reliable and durable trigger mech suited for high loads. :)

Thank you in advance!
Best regards

Attachments

• IMG_20191002_095827.jpg
    IMG_20191002_095827.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 391
Yeah, it’s either a clone of the d’Angelo 1 handle or it’s an original that’s been rebranded. Or... perhaps the d’A1 was never anything but an OEM part Pathos bought and branded. Even the name plate on the “original” Pathos is just glued on and not a part of the mold.

[EDIT] had a closer look and this handle did not come out of the same mold as the Pathos d’A1. The countersunk area where the brand name plate sits is a different shape on this gun. The Pathos is a more of rhumb and this one is oval. Not the same mold. As such, we can’t really guarantee that the insides cavity is the same and that a Ermes DR would drop in easily...

The plates on the side of the handle are slightly different too though that doesn’t prove that the handle itself is not an original - but the name plate area pretty much does.

But then again, I think the OP just wanted to know if the trigger in the pics is any good and though we told him of a trigger that might work that’s another 60-70 euros on top...

If I really had to speculate my “fear” would be that the handle and trigger came out of a factory in China/Taiwan and some of those clones are not good.
If you actually took those pics in a dive shop near you I would head back and try to ask them for the contact of the dealer or track down “Tarpon” online and ask him directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT