• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Triggers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Heard that Ermes triggers are pretty good, never used one myself though. I used a Meandros trigger for my build. Though you might want to check if the line release is automatic or manual, as I didnt realise that the one I ordered was manual. Bummer

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I use trigger mechs from Aquakinetics https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634085236604099 nicely made, quiet, lightweight. They are good for low profile guns as its height is about 20mm. I have one in my roller speargun with 19mm sling fitted and i have just finished classic low profile speargun and it works well with 2x20mm sling setup.

There is photo of my roller with mech

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 235
uploadfromtaptalk1400541106270.jpg

This is a Meandros trigger mech for my new build. Height 21mm x Length 92mm x Width 14mm Also has auto mech release. This is the Calibra model

Nice one... Not too wide too. Although aquakinetics is 12mm wide and 19mm tall. I needed the smallest possible and the simpliest. My last speargun is a low profile gun (pics to follow in few days) and any additional gramm was unwanted when i was looking for mech. I was thinking also how to fix the mech and i prefer the ones with screws not horizontal pins. Much easier to mount it as drilling holes for them pins can be pain in the back side ;)

Yeah tell me about it. Horizontal pins are the worst to drill, but a lot stronger than screws. You cant have it all I guess lol.

:) about the durability of the fixing i think they comparable as long as the trigger mech pocket is snugly. Screws/pins only keep them in place as the shaft by pulling is gonna try to rotate the trigger and most of the force is focused on front and back wall of the trigger pocket. Correct me guys if I'm wrong please.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT