• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trio of fish with a tomatoes and basil hollandaise sauce

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tong

May 17, 2008
Hi all,

Just made my other half a valentines meal, I enjoyed it sooo much I thought I would share the love :inlove

For the fish.

I used smoked haddock, bream and scallops.
I fried some onions until they started to soften, I added milk and a few fresh basil leaves.
I then poached the fish on a low heat until delicious and tender :)

For the sauce.
you will need;
2 egg yolks
150g butter
1 dessert spoon white vinegar
1 dessert spoon lemon juice
2 dessert spoons tomato puree
handful of fresh basil leaves
salt/pepper for seasoning

Grab a blender and blend your 2 egg yolks into a smooth paste.
In a small saucepan heat your lemon juice and vinegar until it starts to bubble.
Start you blender again and slowly add the mixture (the slower you add it the better the sauce) once you have added all the mixture leave the blender on and mixing.

In the same pan melt your butter but don't let it burn. Once the butter is melted add this to the mix to the blender as slow as you possibly can.

leave to mix for 30secs then add your tomatoes paste, basil and some seasoning.

note. If you need to heat the sauce before serving the best way is to use a bane marie to stop the sauce separating.

I served the fish and sauce with asparagus, baby sweetcorn and sugar snap peas.

DELICIOUS :friday

Last edited:
Hey tong you should be a chef, sounds great but can I direct you to this http://forums.deeperblue.com/beach-bar/81553-i-hate-sea-bass.html rofl

I wanted to be a chef when i left school but after 6 months of working in a reastraunt i was fed up with cooking food for strangers all day long and then feeding myself quick and easy rubbish!

And i get annoyed at the whole "sea" thing too, but it was bream i bought from tesco and it was written on the wrapping so must of been stuck in my sub concious ;)

Hey Tongy , was that a freshwater Bream you used , I thought they were bony and taste of mud . ;)

Lovely recipe though mate .

Regards ,
Dave .

Nice one Tong, have a little rep :)
And after such a master piece i take you were duly rewarded with, oh i don't know lets say some chocolate;);):D

Reactions: Tong
Nice one Tong, have a little rep :)
And after such a master piece i take you were duly rewarded with, oh i don't know lets say some chocolate;);):D

no such luck :head

its our un-official valentines this weekend as were babysitting :vangry

next weekend is official valentines with zorbing a hotel and a few tubs of ben & jerrys :friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT