• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

trip report, Dakar, Senegal.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

paddythefrog

Aug 29, 2004
Hello all, been a long time since I posted. Here's some pics from a trip I organised to Dakar with my buddy during April of this year. We went for 10 days in total and dived 9 of them. We had an incredible time, I'd been dreaming about this sort of trip for years and years and finally did it.

We booked through this website here and everything went perfectly smoothly -- http://fabien.romano2.free.fr/index_027.htm

We dived mostly on wrecks (there are hundreds of them) and were astounded by the richness of the waters, probably in part due to the fact that trawling in any manner or form is prohibited in the area.

Our guide was extremely competent and knew the waters extremely well. The accomodation was very basic but comfortable and best of all, we caught a load of fish

Attachments

• a couple of fish.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 143
  • another day.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 140
  • dive 2.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 140
  • our last and very successful dive of 40+ kilos.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 147
  • P1020482.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: Erik
Fantastic! Funny how they ban trawlers and suddenly there's life everywhere eh? Looks like a great trip and I'm envious!

the rest of the fish and some local fishermen at work

Attachments

• pagre et ma seriole.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 141
  • phil et duncan.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 138
  • the last supper.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 131
  • trumpet fish.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 136
  • P1020513.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 150
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…